A-Rod buying Timberwolves

jmix18

I'm just happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
News reports came out last night - confirmed by family close to the owner Glen Taylor that A-Rod and Marc Lore intend to buy the Timberwolves and Lynx. It’ll be interesting to see how this works out.

I don't know what to think about this. I've heard/read part of the purchase agreement is to keep them here in MN, however they are tough to watch so maybe they end up moving them and I don't have to worry about my team stinking up the gym

I don't know what to think about this. I've heard/read part of the purchase agreement is to keep them here in MN, however they are tough to watch so maybe they end up moving them and I don't have to worry about my team stinking up the gym
No sweat. Seattle, Nashville, Louisville and other parts of the country would be happy to have your team. I would love to have KAT on my team. Very fixable.

I only wonder :unsure: if A-Rod is going to hit t-shirts to the fans during timeouts.

But seriously, A-Rod has been an enigma to me, sort of a corporate figure. One never knew who he was other than a ballplayer. Early in his career, I attended Ranger games, saw him play, read the local news - he was not a charismatic figure.:oops:

Maybe that's changed. Don't know. Saw him on Shark Tank - seemed okay. He is a businessman. I prefer the Mark Cuban types - controversial, say what they think, some charisma.:)

I don't know the relationship between the team and municipal authorities, attendance or $$$ involved.

Last edited:
This is great news if you are a TWolves fan. Getting rid of one of the worst owners in professional sports can is good. I don’t know why they get control of the team in 2023 tho.

Isn't the real money in this deal from Lore. I know in Charlotte it has been great to have an owner willing to spend on the team and the operations to create a good situation. Dude 's got 0 charisma but doesn't seem to matter. He's got cash.

Guess he really wanted to buy a sports team after he was unable to snag the Mets.

As long as they actually keep the team in Minnesota this should be a great thing for the Wolves. It's been tough to be a Wolves fan for a very long time now so hopefully this does nothing but help.

Back