A thread for SoCal golfers.

Anyone have recommendations on affordable San Diego courses? I'm a newer player who's been playing Mission Bay, Riverwalk, Tecolote and Mission Trails for about a year now. Looking for some new fun courses at decent prices that aren't too brutal for high handicaps. Balboa and Torrey are on the list as soon as my brother gets his residence card but any other recommendations would be appreciated.

I may join as well when I return from the far East. No initiation fee special is a big draw
That’s a heckuva deal with the cost of private golf around LA.

How were the new short game facilities they finished up recently?

That’s a heckuva deal with the cost of private golf around LA.

How were the new short game facilities they finished up recently?
A Dave Pelz designed facility. Every lie and option to practice inside 100. :drinks:

A Dave Pelz designed facility. Every lie and option to practice inside 100. :drinks:
Is it appropriate to ask what the fees are? I am local to Calabasis and always looking for a place to call home for me and the misses.

Anyone have recommendations on affordable San Diego courses? I'm a newer player who's been playing Mission Bay, Riverwalk, Tecolote and Mission Trails for about a year now. Looking for some new fun courses at decent prices that aren't too brutal for high handicaps. Balboa and Torrey are on the list as soon as my brother gets his residence card but any other recommendations would be appreciated.

right now, Costco has a deal for Steele canyon and sycuan that’s $80-$90 for two rounds (one on each course). Great deal that makes both courses affordable. Coronado is a great option too.

right now, Costco has a deal for Steele canyon and sycuan that’s $80-$90 for two rounds (one on each course). Great deal that makes both courses affordable. Coronado is a great option too.
Awesome I’ll check that out! I forgot about Coronado I’ll have to check that out too.

If anyone wants to make a trip out to The Desert, I'm up for meeting and playing with some THP'ers!

Chula Vista is a fun municipal tract at decent prices

If you're willing to trek up to north county, The Vineyard in Escondido is a fun course. Castle Creek and Boulder Oaks are both a bit north of Escondido, reasonably priced and nice courses. Boulder Oaks was formerly Meadow Glen, I heard they redesigned it last year to be more eco-friendly (and a lot shorter). I moved away from the area 10 years ago so I haven't played it in its new configuration, but it was a nice track when it was Meadow Glen. To the west a bit is Twin Oaks GC in San Marcos - nice course, but a little pricey this time of year.

Another 20-30 minutes up the freeway you have the Temecula Valley with a lot of good courses that are reasonably priced. Redhawk, Temecula Creek, Legends, The Golf Club at Rancho California, Menifee Lakes, Cross Creek, etc. I've heard Journeys at Pechanga is a beautiful course, but it's pricey and supposedly very challenging.

If you're willing to trek up to north county, The Vineyard in Escondido is a fun course. Castle Creek and Boulder Oaks are both a bit north of Escondido, reasonably priced and nice courses. Boulder Oaks was formerly Meadow Glen, I heard they redesigned it last year to be more eco-friendly (and a lot shorter). I moved away from the area 10 years ago so I haven't played it in its new configuration, but it was a nice track when it was Meadow Glen. To the west a bit is Twin Oaks GC in San Marcos - nice course, but a little pricey this time of year.

Another 20-30 minutes up the freeway you have the Temecula Valley with a lot of good courses that are reasonably priced. Redhawk, Temecula Creek, Legends, The Golf Club at Rancho California, Menifee Lakes, Cross Creek, etc. I've heard Journeys at Pechanga is a beautiful course, but it's pricey and supposedly very challenging.
Thanks man great recs, we have concluded we are going to have to travel a bit off the coast to get fun affordable golf.

You can always try websites like underpar.com or golfmoose.com or clickitgolf.com they always have deals around So Cal. We’ve gotten some great deals before

You can always try websites like underpar.com or golfmoose.com or clickitgolf.com they always have deals around So Cal. We’ve gotten some great deals before
[/QUOTE
I use all 3, they’re awesome! Got a great deal on Riverwalk last sunday

Chula Vista is a fun municipal tract at decent prices
Thanks i have been wondering about chula it looks like a great price.

conditions at Chula Vista haven’t been the best in a while since the last greenskeeper they had was run off. While it’s the only course in the area with any length, the rock hard conditions make it tough.

Ahhh that uphill par 5 is absurdly long. The course is great fun. Didn't have a single boring shot.

Anyone in San Diego for doing a weekly foursome at night golf, starting next couple weeks?

Anyone in San Diego for doing a weekly foursome at night golf, starting next couple weeks?

I can’t commit to weakly, but would be willing to occasionally join when you have an opening. Keep me in the loop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t commit to weakly, but would be willing to occasionally join when you have an opening. Keep me in the loop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely with stay in touch via text once we get going. @hicksta and @sandiegonative and @ken_h you guys up for it?

I can’t commit to weekly either but my brother and I play mb at night occasionally. Would love some company to watch me shank balls ob

definitely with stay in touch via text once we get going. @hicksta and @sandiegonative and @ken_h you guys up for it?
Hey Alex!
Not sure how I missed getting tagged on this, started a new job so things have been a little crazy, but I'd be game some nights excluding Wednesdays once this Coronavirus crap has gotten under control.

So who's playing this weekend?

:wavey:

I wanted to play today, but @Johan185 was "too tired" after we played 18 in an utter downpour yesterday.
I'm done with the rain. It's not supposed to rain Sunday... might try to get out then.

Back