A Triumphant Return!

RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
It's funny to type "return", because I don't really feel like I have been "gone" very long- but when I look at the calender it is pretty amazing to me just how much time has passed since the outing at the end of May. 3 months later there is very little in my life that is the same as when I showed up at PGA national.

As some of you may know, a large portion of my past 2 months has revolved around planning a medical missions trip to the west african country of Ghana through my church. I left cleveland on August 12 and returned August 18th. It was simply the most amazing and humbling experience of my life and worth every moment of hard work. I was responsible for choosing and acquiring $1500 worth of medications and then prescribing and dispensing them throughout our clinics. We ended up seeing 1000 patients over 5 days of clinic, with 3 days of travel each way. I took roughly 2400 photos and have a small number of them put up at my photo bucket account Here
Spoiler
Ghana-DSC_0001.jpg

Ghana-DSC_0085-2.jpg

Ghana-DSC_0281.jpg

Ghana-DSC_0417.jpg

Ghana-DSC_0506-2.jpg

Ghana-DSC_1025.jpg

These pictures say more than I ever could, and I could easily write a book about my experiences there... so I won't bore you the details unless you ask for them!

What else is new?
I got myself a new toy about a month ago:
Spoiler
DSC_0301.jpg

1985 Yamaha Maxim 700.
I picked her up on the cheap (non-running) and a couple of friends and I rebuilt her. I am new to the whole motorcycle thing, but it did make for a nice chance of pace from work

That leads me to work:
Right before the outing my hospital went live with a new computer program that really changed my job description and has caused countless problems hospital wide. As a result, I ended up taking a HUGE risk and suggesting a new job position/workflow and then asked my hospital for 3/4 Million in funding to pull it off. We are in month #2 of my new clinical program and I am currently trying to determine the ROI and prove to the hospital that my program is worth the extra money/job positions when 3 months ago we were laying people off…

I was also asked to chair a curricular committee at my University- and as a Jr faculty there is no way I could turn it down. I am in charge a full therapeutic class (600 level class) and everything that goes along with it… Curriculum, Exams, Curves, Pass/Fail. Its exhausting. We are currently in the planning stages and the course runs Feb-April so this is something that will be on my plate for some time.

But wait: There is more!
I was very fortunate enough to meet a LOVELY girl during my missions trip and she is slowly becoming a very important part of my life. It is not something I am used to (its been a long time)… so its all very exciting to me.

Needless to say: Golf (and consequently THP) has really been on the back burner for me the past 3 months. Tomorrow will be the 3rd time that I have played golf in the past 2 months. I played a 9 hole- 2man scramble against a couple of my friends and 9 holes at the local muni last week. Since I don’t have any friends in the area to golf with its become a bit of a chore to get out during my very limited times off work. I plan on putting in some more time before the season ends but I have very little expectations on actually getting to single digit. I also still have several golf tec lessons left in my bundle that I am not sure when I will be able to use.

So there you have it… the story of RxGus. As always life is very busy and very full, but there is a hole that only THP can fill. I am sure that I will spend less time here than I used to be able to- but I am going to try my hardest to limit my “dry spells” to days instead of months.

So that begs the question: What’s new at THP? What’s new with you?!

Edit: I have plenty of new options for Avatars, however- when I lost my bet to JB, it was for one month of avatar/title humility. Since I have not been around for the past 3 months it is only fair that JB gets one month of activity out of TPs continued failures and the implosion of my dear tOSU buckeyes...

Welcome back RxGus!

Gus, welcome back but more importantly that is some seriously cool stuff going on in your life. Kudos to you for helping others that needed it, way cool man.

Great stuff going on for you buddy, and it is good to hear a young lady is one of the things requiring some of your time, as they say "all work and no play" and I mean that in a good way.

As far as what is new with me, heading to Hawaii in a couple of weeks for vacation, like a retiree needs vacation, look forward to your posting again, and you take care my friend.

Great stuff going on for you buddy, and it is good to hear a young lady is one of the things requiring some of your time, as they say "all work and no play" and I mean that in a good way.

As far as what is new with me, heading to Hawaii in a couple of weeks for vacation, like a retiree needs vacation, look forward to your posting again, and you take care my friend.

I remember that the trip to Hawaii was one of the big reasons you couldn't make the outing in May... glad to see that you are getting to go and that you will be joining us at GC. How long will you be there for?

Wow Kyle! What an exciting/hectic time in your life. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to catch up with you on everything. Glad you're back on THP!

I remember that the trip to Hawaii was one of the big reasons you couldn't make the outing in May... glad to see that you are getting to go and that you will be joining us at GC. How long will you be there for?

10 days in Hawaii and then 2 more in L.A. visiting my nephew.

Welcome back Kyle, sounds like your plate is full, but hope you find plenty of time for THP.

Welcome back! Congrats on all you've done for the people out there, no doubt you changed their lives. Respect.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Welcome back Kyle! It sounds like you had an amazing experience that will be with you for the rest of your life. It also sounds like your plate is full but having met you and talking with you I know you enjoy every minute of it. As for the lady I'm very glad to hear it. We all need that someone special to share things with. Again, welcome back and I hope I get a slot for the outting so I can catch up with you in person.

Wow well that sounds like a great time. Glad to have you back.
For reference I am known as "Thelate1" as of thursday night.

Welcome back Gus! Heard and seen much about you and look forward to meeting you in May!

Congrats on the successful trip, job, and new woman!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Welcome back! Reading your small biography seems like something you would read in a book or see in a movie and think no one can pull off! Congrats on all those achievements!

Kyle I am ready for you to be back and looking forward to some golf soon! You are a great guy and fun to be around and KellyBo and I look forward to you coming by Georgia soon!!!

Welcome back Kyle! Man that made me tired just reading all that!! Way to make the rest of us slouchers look bad!

Welcome back partner. Great to see you back and posting:thp:

I've not had the pleasure but looking forward to it in may. You're doing good work my man, good work!

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

The real question here is did you get a chance to workability those TM TP irons while you were missing?

Tapatalk: even romosexuals use it

Welcome back Kyle! Man that made me tired just reading all that!! Way to make the rest of us slouchers look bad!

Welcome back RX. My best Bud Just got back from there. He said it truly helped him realize all that he has here.

Welcome back Gus!!! Glad to see life is treating you well. Best wishes with all you are working on and your budding relationship. I hope to see you a bit more around here but I undersatand if I don't

Welcome back, u sure been busy

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Thanks for the wishes everyone! I am REALLY excited to play my first 18 in a LONG time tomorrow... It is going to be wonderfully awful, and I don't care a lick!

OEM- I left my workability in Africa. Turns out I am not allowed to take anything that powerful through customs.

Rhino- I plan to be around more than I have recently, and certainly in the months leading up to the outing THP will become more of a priority. Some members here have been very good about reminding me to hang around, so I doubt you'll see any logn absences from me again. :act-up:

WCue- You hit the nail on the head... I have such an appreciation for the life that we live here. It's amazing what we have and take for granted.

Welcome back Gus. Congrats on everything and mad respect for your mission to Africa and the good work you did over there. See you around here more often then!

Welcome back. The Badgers are going to handle the Buckeyes easily this year.

Kevin

Back