Aaargghh!! I'd like to kick the butt of whoever trashed one of our greens last night.

Nuevo_eph

Reaction score
Handicap
Just venting, but my wife and I were out on a run this morning and stumbled across a damaged greed. Apparently someone took a cart or Gator and was doing powerslides around and ON our 16th green. Ripped up turf and inch-deep tire tracks right down the middle.

God, that pisses me off and it probably means that hole will be out of commission for a while. Not sure how we can even turn in scores now if you can't play all of the holes.

Who does this?!!?

I have my suspicion that it is the visiting college football team and one of their Gators that the trainers use (based on the width b/w the tires.)

That's real brutal. A few years ago up here someone damaged 4 greens at Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf Club. The course happens to be the oldest in North America.

Alex

thats jacked up, bunch of a holes

man sorry to hear that, a shame there are people out there like this

Wow, that sucks, sorry to hear that someone would do that

Brutal. I don't get why people feel the need to destroy golf courses like that..

We had a bunch of kids take shovels and dig out wedges of turf on one of my home course greens.. Fortunately they were completely stupid and left the wedges right beside the holes so they just slid right back in with minimal damage, but still... A shovel to a green? WHY?!

People used to do this to the club my grandparents belonged to in the winter with snowmobiles. Was super irritating.

Ooooo, that burns me. Do they not realize how difficult it is to repair that kind of damage??? It is a golf course, not a pasture.

surely the course could go to the cops if they had an idea of who it was

This has happened several times at one of the courses I play. The 14th green is back in a corner of the golf course and there's a dead end road that runs behind it. Kids have taken trucks and other types of vehicles out there as well as shovels and knives and torn huge gashes into that green. Luckily, the ground crew doesn't take long to fix it back to where it's playable.

That sucks, they will have it fixed rather quickly. Call the insurance company and then have that baby rebuilt. Happened at a club I worked at but it was horses that got loose.

People these days. That's just messed up that's worse than having all the flags stolen

That's just awful. Something similar happened here at a course by my house. 11 the pins were stolen, AND they put numerous divots on the back 9 greens by swinging irons on them.

I hate it when people act like total morons...

Hate that lack of respect for others.

Hard to believe what some people think is acceptable, tearing up a green is a desecration in my book. What you can do is treat the green area that was torn up as ground under repair and move your ball to a spot that is playable.

That just sucks. Even if you don't play golf, how do you not appreciate the hard work that goes into maintaining the beauty of a golf course.

thats just nuts. hopefully they get whats coming to them.

A country club in our area had problems with greens last season, a groundskeeper screwed up and used the wrong chemical on them and destroyed the greens, other country clubs picked up the members contracts for the year so they could still play at their CC's rate

What the heck! Sorry to hear this. People with no respect for the course should not be allowed on the course.

This is unreal! If these people had any idea of the cost and effort people put into these golf course I'm sure they wouldn't do this. If they find these people they should make them work off the cost of what they mess up.

That just sucks!

A couple of years ago on one of my favorite courses, someone ran a dirt bike across of couple greens, putting 2 inch deep gash across them.

I know that doesn't make you feel any better, but I thought I would share it anyway.

That sucks and it's expensive to fix based on how extensive the damage is.

some peoples children! sucks to hear.

The latest is that someone saw a red Ford truck doing this. Surprising to me as I guess I don't know my tire width as well as I thought.

The latest is that someone saw a red Ford truck doing this. Surprising to me as I guess I don't know my tire width as well as I thought.

LMAO, if I end up in NM, remind me never to get broke down with you in the car during a golf outing.

Back