Aaarrrrggghhhh!!!!

RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
On the plus side, putting was ‘excellent’. EXCEPT- there were SIX lip outs of putts from outside 10 feet. Every one of them ended up less than 6” away and 90° off line.
🤬

On the plus side, putting was ‘excellent’. EXCEPT- there were SIX lip outs of putts from outside 10 feet. Every one of them ended up less than 6” away and 90° off line.
🤬
Dang dude, that’s brutal…you should play again tomorrow.

That's brutal, but remember those are like 15-20% putts.

Found this on my FB Feed today.. thanks for the support, Jack..:rolleyes:

nick.png

Jack putting well and Reframmellator putting well are bars of two entirely different heights.

🤬

I know the feeling. 😢

Got in on the Aaarrrrggghhhh!!!!
action myself yesterday... Its been a weird year playing a lot, then not, then started to and was improving, then July happened and I didn't play once. Traveled some, a lot of swimming pool, some boating, no golf.
Yesterday I played with some regular partners and I drove the ball wonderfully. Lost 1 ball on a hole the tee's were moved back 50 yards and the carry was a challenge let alone keeping it in play. Plenty of distance, a little too much draw and that one got away.
Also was breaking in a new putter. A Stroke Lab #7. I was a little worried about the feel but results were terrific. Three 1 putts to start the round. Made a couple from 25'. Left several others in tap-in/gimme range. Very happy...
Back the bold word at the top. Short game has been rough all year. Just a lack of playing and no practice. And when I mean rough, I'm talking more full on yips than I can't get the ball within a 10' radius from just off the green. Multiple times hitting the ball 2' or past the flag over the green then back to other side... If there was any chance I could putt from off the green I did... it was soooo ugly. I told my buddy I feel like I'm trying to chip the ball with an ax... imainge that level of control. Except I'm pretty good with an ax... at least on full swings.
Things did improve as the round went on. I had two nice sand shots. Another from deep rough above the hole that I had to land within a few feet of the fringe and let roll down to the cup, ended up 2-3'. Once after flubbing a 20 yard shot into the fringe grass along a creek, with one foot on a rock, another high on the bank I flopped the ball to 6". So I'm capable of hitting these shots just very low confidence right now...

🤬

I had the opposite ARRRRRGGGGHHHH situation in league last night.

9 hole league. I shot 44. With 9 total putts.

The hole looked like a basketball hoop. 10 footers, 15 footers, no problem.

In other news, I chunked an 8i, sh@nked a SW and a LW, and chipped off the flag to 2 inches, all on the same hole.

Sounds like Bermuda? Paging @Canadan for tips related to this phenomenon.

I played with my FIL a couple weeks back and had the same thing with the lip outs. I think over 18 homes it happened 5 times, still not sure if it was something goofy on the cups or my read was just always a bit to far off.

Back