Tour Event abrdn Scottish Open

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
1625709521676.jpeg
With the Open Championship next week, the abrdn Scottish Open features 6 of the top 11 players in the world including world #1 Jon Rahm. From July 8th - 11th at The Renaissance Club in North Berwick, Scotland.

I figured the Scottish Open would draw a lot of the field over the John Deere, with its proximity to The Open. Should be a good tournament to watch, and between that, the Deere, the LPGA Marathon, the Senior Open and the American Century Championship, there'll be plenty of golf on TV this weekend!

Very excited to tune into this!

I figured the Scottish Open would draw a lot of the field over the John Deere, with its proximity to The Open. Should be a good tournament to watch, and between that, the Deere, the LPGA Marathon, the Senior Open and the American Century Championship, there'll be plenty of golf on TV this weekend!

Should be a good weekend of golf!

Rory, JT, and Rahm in the featured group on tv while I enjoy morning coffee is a rare treat. Loving this packed field.

@HarlettoScara did they change the spelling of your hometown and what's with the small "a"? Or did they remove the letter "e" from Scottish English? :ROFLMAO:

I'm enjoying the Scottish Open too. This course looks very interesting. It seems to be a typical links style course, but also has some parkland features.
It's fairly new as it was built in 2008. Also, it's adjacent to Muirfield and located on the famous Firth of Forth. One aspect which looks odd to me is apparently there are homes on or near the course. That's something we see everyday in the US, but is quite rare on the UK.

@HarlettoScara did they change the spelling of your hometown and what's with the small "a"? Or did they remove the letter "e" from Scottish English? :ROFLMAO:
I think it's more to try and emulate the accent :LOL:

But Aberdeen Asset Management merged with Standard Life, and the rest is history. Ludicrous name though, I'll be first in line to admit!

Literacy isn't "cool" anymore. Apparently, looking like a text message from a 9-year old is the new "cool".

Nice.

That may have been the worst shot Justin Thomas has ever hit in his life.

Top notch club twirl.

I noticed there has been a lot more fat shots than normal on the course. I’ve seen like 4-5 just in the couple of hours of coverage I have watched this week.

Did I see someone eagle two par 4s and shot a 28 on 9 holes?

Burmister the South African

Last edited:
Xander almost gets the hole in 1 with the helping kick off the sprinkler head 😂

Great finish,high quality birdie and nice guy wins

A 7th place finish for Rahm, and he drops a spot in the world rankings.

1626191067698.png

Back