Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship [Spoilers]

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I can tell you that I am much more excited about this tourny than the Bob Hope. The field is stacked, and my main man Lefty will be making his 2011 debut there and not here.

Does that fact bother anyone? I think it's interesting that he chooses to play in that event but I understand why.

The field includes 3 of the 4 Major winners from 2010, and I know that I will be much more interested in following this tournament.

There's also some incredible pairings:

1. Westwood, Poulter, F. Molinari
2. Paddy, Oosthuizen, Kaymer
3. Gmac, Lefty, Goosen
4. Rory, Paul Casey, The Mechanic

I can't wait.

What Network is covering this tourny ?
May have to tune into it too .

OK cool thanks , I'll have to DVR it as work gets in the way :D

This is the first field that I'm excited about this year. I fancy Gmac and Louis to be going close.

This is the first field that I'm excited about this year. I fancy Gmac and Louis to be going close.

Same here buddy, I'm pumped for this one.

I mean, Phil and Gmac paired together. Golfer's delite.

This is gonna be sweet....will definately be more interested in this.

They need Ricky Barnes.

But really I'm looking forward to this tourney more myself as well. Although I do like the first part of the Hope and Ill probably be watching both. I like 3/4 of the pairings you listed a lot. I hope I get to see a lot of this. Some great golf to be played!

4. Rory, Paul Casey, The Mechanic
2. Paddy, Oosthuizen, Kaymer
3. Gmac, Lefty, Goosen

Does this solidify Westwoods #1 ranking when he wins in this stacked field?

How sweet is the Gmac/Mickelson/Goosen pairing? I can't wait to see Gmac and Phil kinda go at it. Gmac has a knack for stepping it up against the big boys from this side of the pond, and now that Phil's eating meat again, it could be on!

Does this solidify Westwoods #1 ranking when he wins in this stacked field?

I think he'll have a good showing myself, b/c the bottom line is: he always does!

I think he'll have a good showing myself, b/c the bottom line is: he always does!

Yep, the guy just doesn't miss cuts, and while some may call him a choker hes always there day in and day out.

Honestly, it's a must watch. I didn't like Phil for the longest time. I just really started to like him last year. I hope everything he had going last year as far as injuries is as good as it can be. Really hoping to see him claim #1 this year. I wan't lefty to come back with a vengance.

How sweet is the Gmac/Mickelson/Goosen pairing? I can't wait to see Gmac and Phil kinda go at it. Gmac has a knack for stepping it up against the big boys from this side of the pond, and now that Phil's eating meat again, it could be on!

Honestly, it's a must watch. I didn't like Phil for the longest time. I just really started to like him last year. I hope everything he had going last year as far as injuries is as good as it can be. Really hoping to see him claim #1 this year. I wan't lefty to come back with a vengance.

It's b/c you like me, and I like Phil, and it's rubbing off on you. When it comes to shot making, no one is better to watch than Phil, let's just hope that putter is hot, b/c if it is, he's always a contender.

Lol. I know it had to be something.

There is only one person I like to see work a club as much as the Philster. I hope his putter is seeing the bottom of the cup. He is just so much fun to watch. Don't get me wrong, I like the other guys but Phil also takes risks. I love that. As Chi Chi Rodriguez said, a hero dies once!!! Lol. But really, I love Phil's risk taking.

It's b/c you like me, and I like Phil, and it's rubbing off on you. When it comes to shot making, no one is better to watch than Phil, let's just hope that putter is hot, b/c if it is, he's always a contender.

Any truth to the rumor that Lee Westwood used an American dentist for his new choppers?

Any truth to the rumor that Lee Westwood used an American dentist for his new choppers?

Perhaps it was Dr. Teeth?

When it comes to shot making and short game youre right, Phil is the best there is right now. Its enjoyable to watch when he decides to show up.

When it comes to shop making and short game youre right, Phil is the best there is right now. Its enjoyable to watch when he decides to show up.

?????, I didn't know that Phil was handy, lol.

His putter woes can drive a fan nuts, so I hope it's feeling the love this week. How do you think Westwood fares this week?

?????, I didn't know that Phil was handy, lol.

His putter woes can drive a fan nuts, so I hope it's feeling the love this week. How do you think Westwood fares this week?

lol I dont know what youre talking about...

I think Westwood does well. I think hes eager to prove he deserves the #1 ranking and this week he shows it.

Westwood comes out swinging. He reminds of teams in other sports that win, get to the top but still not get the praise they've earned. He has something to prove and this tourney should give him a good spot to do so. I don't think he wins but he puts on a good show.

lol I dont know what youre talking about...

I think Westwood does well. I think hes eager to prove he deserves the #1 ranking and this week he shows it.

Westwood comes out swinging. He reminds of teams in other sports that win, get to the top but still not get the praise they've earned. He has something to prove and this tourney should give him a good spot to do so. I don't think he wins but he puts on a good show.

I think he finally believes that he deserves to be there. He definitely has a bit of a swagger to him these days and it's showing up in his golf game. Man, this field is unreal! There's some serious in form golfers going into this one. Gmac has to be a favorite, but don't forget that Martin Kaymer is the defending champ!

Wont all the sun out there wreak havoc via reflection on his new chompers?

I would much rather watch thi sone than the Bob Hope. I hope I can streem this at work. Thanks for posting this

Wont all the sun out there wreak havoc via reflection on his new chompers?

Maybe on his playing partners. Now you can't call him Westtooth, time for a new nickname bro.

I would much rather watch thi sone than the Bob Hope. I hope I can streem this at work. Thanks for posting this

Your welcome. They may be streaming from this site, but I don't know for sure.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011004/index.html

Back