ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Groove-Life-Logo-1.jpg

Lifestyle brands are no stranger to us here at THP, although most of the ones introduced here are strictly along the golf apparel side. While he was a hunting, fishing, and bush pilot up in Alaska, Peter Goodwin created Groove Life. For safety reasons, he did not wear his wedding ring. After trying a silicone ring that his wife purchased, Peter thought of improving silicone rings’ current market. After a successful launch on Kickstarter, Groove Life was born. Nowadays, Groove Life is headquartered in Tennessee, and they offer various products, of which we got to spend a little bit of time with. 

Groove Ring

Groove-Life-Ring-2.jpg

Believe it or not, the Groove Ring concept was drawn on a sheet of paper on the side of an Alaskan river. The intent was to make a ring that would allow more...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a fun story to read, because I have actually switched to using one of their rings. It all started from a thread here on THP regarding playing with your wedding band on.

Those are some pretty cool products. The belt is probably the most interesting to me out of those. I guess I never thought of having a magnetic buckle before but it could be cool.

That's some good looking stuff. I love this era of time. Seems like with the internet there is a lot of opportunity to start a business and reach a big market. This is just another example of that.

I hope it does well

Great info there and will have to look at those rings. Groves make a lot of sense.

• Staff
Those are some pretty cool products. The belt is probably the most interesting to me out of those. I guess I never thought of having a magnetic buckle before but it could be cool.

The belt is my favorite of the three products I have in hand.

Reactions: KEV
Very interesting!
I’ve had one of their rings for a while now that I’ll wear occasionally.
Did not know about the watch bands, or better yet that belt, which seems very cool!

Awesome article Dean. A couple questions on the belt.

One, is it like other belts where you cut the non-buckle end to length and then reattach the closing mechanism?

Two, the article says to order one waist size up, but the sizing comes in S (28”-32”), M (33”-36”), L (37”-40”), XL (41”-50”) and XXL (51”-60”). I’m on the cusp between M and L, so do I go with the M which would be one paint size up at 36”,or with the L that is one size up in their sizing?

Awesome article Dean. A couple questions on the belt.

One, is it like other belts where you cut the non-buckle end to length and then reattach the closing mechanism?

Two, the article says to order one waist size up, but the sizing comes in S (28”-32”), M (33”-36”), L (37”-40”), XL (41”-50”) and XXL (51”-60”). I’m on the cusp between M and L, so do I go with the M which would be one paint size up at 36”,or with the L that is one size up in their sizing?

Order the size that matches your pant size. you can cut it if you need to, but shouldn't have to if you order propery.

This video should help...

I've been trying to find the right band for my new apple watch. Going to have to check these out.

Oh and Belts. I need a good belt

I’m interested! I don’t wear a silicone ring often, so I’m probably out on that one, but I put serious wear and tear on my Apple Watch band so this is on my radar for the next replacement. And the belt is going on my wish list (that I may buy for myself before any gift giving occasions 😆)

I've had great experience with their rings, even utilizing their warranty when mine broke and it's been a great replacement for my metal ring, now I can wear it all the time and I don't notice it's on at all.

I have no need for a ring right now but the watchband and belt are interesting to me. The idea makes sense and with that warranty it seems like one can not go wrong.

I have no need for a ring right now but the watchband and belt are interesting to me. The idea makes sense and with that warranty it seems like one can not go wrong.

The warranty is just all sorts of awesome. The 94 year part is funny, but I love how they structure it.

They are, without a doubt, my favorite ring replacement option from the traditional band I hated wearing. I've been wearing one for quite a few years and I don't see myself changing any time soon (actually just bought two more). I don't remember once in the three years I've been wearing Groove rings where the part of my finger that was underneath the ring had any variance (like when you take off a bandaid etc). Just get the right size and the channels will absolutely help the air get through.

My preference is VERY much into their original series because of how soft and flexible the ring is, and it fits great. I have owned four of the original ones. None of them have been stopped wearing due to stretch (because you definitely don't want it so tight on your finger that it stretches.

One I lost on the golf course (idiot).
One is in perfect condition.
One has discoloration on the outer element because I stretched it because I am weird (so what was a dark blue/grey is more white).
One is brand new (because I bought the same color I lost on the course).
I also have an "Edge" series now in burgundy and I'm impressed with it.

The only two I bought that I didn't really like were the Uplands and the Highlands rings. I was expecting the same experience as the original Groove rings and they are actually not the same material at all - more firm, different touch experience. They don't get worn.

My only feedback? I really wish they'd improve the color options of the original Groove rings. I'd absolutely love some blue variants.

That is some good info.

I am a big fan of the Groove prodcuts as well as their customer service. I have 3 of their rings and one of the belts. All very comfortable. The cool thing about the belts is that if you were to wear the belt while playing golf you can stick a ball marker on the belt buckle and it won't fall off due to the strength of the magnet. I can't even tell I am wearing the ring and it is great to play golf in. I highly recommend their products.

As a diesel technician I don't wear my weeding ring and haven't in the past 14ish years. I just keep it on my key ring and might break it out on fancy nights. I get the idea, and I'm all for options for wedding rings that don't cost $100 for a cheap one, but it's just not my cup of tea. The watch band and belt look cool, but they really just don't do anything different than what I currently use. Cool idea, and I'm glad people love them, I just not in the market for any of their products.

@ddec i have found myself thinking about this belt all day. But I am not convinced it’s worth $60. I get that value is relative, but do you see it as a go to all the time belt? If I jump in, I want to make sure I get the use out of it both on the course, semi-casual days at work, and out to dinner if in vacation so I don’t have to pack two belts.

@ddec i have found myself thinking about this belt all day. But I am not convinced it’s worth $60. I get that value is relative, but do you see it as a go to all the time belt? If I jump in, I want to make sure I get the use out of it both on the course, semi-casual days at work, and out to dinner if in vacation so I don’t have to pack two belts.

That's how I've been wearing it, but your style may differ than mine. I had been a ratchet belt guy, but this was just much more comfortable for me thanks to the stretching ability. Since I've had it, I've worn it to work daily, on the course, and to the playground. Again, it's totally up to you, you know your office and casual life way more than I do.

Well written so don’t take offense there.

$30-$50 for what amounts to a rubber band for your finger? Not sure I get it although I’ve sure seen enough guys wearing this or similar.

Well written so don’t take offense there.

$30-$50 for what amounts to a rubber band for your finger? Not sure I get it although I’ve sure seen enough guys wearing this or similar.
We spend an awful lot more on circular bits of metal. Why not.

We spend an awful lot more on circular bits of metal. Why not.

Ha. Mine cost $19.99 a hundred and 4 years ago. I wanted the thinnest thing I could find. Actually made of gold. Took it off 15 years ago. Took 12 years before the indent went away. Which is about how long it took her to go away.

I guess I get it. Maybe.

Back