Accra FX P Putter shafts.

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Just put on of these in my Mills and was interested in some feedback.

Anyone have any experience with these? In the few putts I've rolled it felt phenomenal.

I'm playing it at 37" so I went with the green label. (Heaviest and most "stout")

How did you decide which tip flex to go with? Did you visit a fitter?

Hmm, only Accra dealers in Phoenix are Hot Stix and Cool Clubs. This should be cheap.

Bumping an old one, got bored a couple weeks ago and remembered Accra had a putter shaft... was only $100 which was a steal when compared to some other graphite models so I placed an order week ago Friday night.

Delivered today, tip prepped and installed into my Toulon Madison with the H8 neck. Probably cut it down to length and install the grip so I can roll a few by Wednesday. It is a damn good looking shaft, almost chrome silver that looks steel for the most part other than the subtle graphics on it.

Bumping an old one, got bored a couple weeks ago and remembered Accra had a putter shaft... was only $100 which was a steal when compared to some other graphite models so I placed an order week ago Friday night.

Delivered today, tip prepped and installed into my Toulon Madison with the H8 neck. Probably cut it down to length and install the grip so I can roll a few by Wednesday. It is a damn good looking shaft, almost chrome silver that looks steel for the most part other than the subtle graphics on it.

Which one did you go with?

Which one did you go with?

Went with purple (the softest tip). I am usually at my best with a smoother longer stroke so self fit on that. I love the weight of it, so hoping that it feels smooth and has the overall weight I like.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Just rolling it inside but I might be in love...

Attachments

• 71E57C5F-593A-491B-86C3-C08A675496B6.jpeg
    71E57C5F-593A-491B-86C3-C08A675496B6.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 7F20A51F-F033-4ACA-80AA-4A493EB0E36C.jpeg
    7F20A51F-F033-4ACA-80AA-4A493EB0E36C.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 917D2C37-183A-4198-A58C-F6F99B2955CF.jpeg
    917D2C37-183A-4198-A58C-F6F99B2955CF.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 10
That’s a great looking shaft. I’m curious on how the super stiff version of this would compare to the LA golf putter shaft. These appear to translate feel based on flex where as the LA golf shaft goes super stiff while maintaining “buttery soft” feel. I’m so confused on putter shafts but so intrigued!

That’s a great looking shaft. I’m curious on how the super stiff version of this would compare to the LA golf putter shaft. These appear to translate feel based on flex where as the LA golf shaft goes super stiff while maintaining “buttery soft” feel. I’m so confused on putter shafts but so intrigued!

I was intrigued by the LA shaft, but I can't justify that much coin. For the cost of one of these I felt it was worth a flier. It looks fantastic and feels great rolling on my mat. Will see how it translates to the green tomorrow.

Other thing is, the Accra is 129 grams before any trimming to length which would be close to the 135 model, the one bryson is using is I think 180. you can see how much material they use to strengthen these up, here is a very small opening in both the tip and butt ends.

So putted for about 10 minutes last night at the course and I love the sound/feel I am getting from this. I am debating whether to put it in the bag sunday for first round of our clubs match play. I have putted pretty well the last 2 rounds with my toulon columbus/stability tour and BOP/stroke lab so not sure if I want to monkey around... will see what I think after another couple days of indoor practice and saturday morning at the course.

So putted for about 10 minutes last night at the course and I love the sound/feel I am getting from this. I am debating whether to put it in the bag sunday for first round of our clubs match play. I have putted pretty well the last 2 rounds with my toulon columbus/stability tour and BOP/stroke lab so not sure if I want to monkey around... will see what I think after another couple days of indoor practice and saturday morning at the course.

That will be good comparison to the other 2 that are wildly popular.

That will be good comparison to the other 2 that are wildly popular.

I have been lucky enough to roll stroke lab for over a year, the balance is great in my opinion. The Stablity tour I like, but I have had to add a lot of weight to get it to a level I like (think @JB has similar thoughts).

The Accra looks the best in my opinion (that is 100% subjective) and the weight has felt great without any need to add anywhere on the putter.

So far I think the Stability tour can fit the most models, the Stroke lab not sure about retrofitting, @cbaker2882 might have some thoughts there, and the Accra (along with the kinetexx & LAGS) can only fit into straight female hoseled putters (pretty much any plumber neck).

the other thing I am going to struggle with comparing things on these is that the Madison head with the H8 neck just speaks to me.... so whatever shaft is in there is going to get bonus points just for that.

But I will do the best I can

anymore feedback on these?? heavily debating between one of these, a stability tour, and the la golf ozik putter

the $100 for the Accra is a steal compared to the others

anymore feedback on these?? heavily debating between one of these, a stability tour, and the la golf ozik putter

the $100 for the Accra is a steal compared to the others

I haven't played much with mine, but so far I prefer it to the stability tour. Looks better and I haven't had to add a lot of head weight to get it to feel the way I want it to. But that is going to vary person to person. Can't comment on the OZIK.

I haven't played much with mine, but so far I prefer it to the stability tour. Looks better and I haven't had to add a lot of head weight to get it to feel the way I want it to. But that is going to vary person to person. Can't comment on the OZIK.
I briefly played the original stability last year and wasn't blown away by it.... im not expecting to magically cut 4 strokes but obviously feel is important and can help!

I have 2 Accra shafts in my woods so im sure the putter shaft is the same amazing quality. Which model did you go with again?? im leaning towards the fxp300, possibly 400

I briefly played the original stability last year and wasn't blown away by it.... im not expecting to magically cut 4 strokes but obviously feel is important and can help!

I have 2 Accra shafts in my woods so im sure the putter shaft is the same amazing quality. Which model did you go with again?? im leaning towards the fxp300, possibly 400

I went with FXP100, mostly because I liked the color the most. Other thing of note, the Accra is like the OZIK, can only go in to plumber neck putters. The Stability obviously can go into many other options.

I went with FXP100, mostly because I liked the color the most. Other thing of note, the Accra is like the OZIK, can only go in to plumber neck putters. The Stability obviously can go into many other options.
ok thanks.. I bought a new evnroll plumbers neck solely for one of those 2 options

Back