Acid Spraying "Land Lobsters" Spotted In Texas!

Thrillbilly Jim

Raised On Hose Water And Neglect
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Just when you thought it was safe to go outside since "Murder Hornets", acid-spraying "Land Lobsters", aka whip scorpions or vinegaroons have now been spotted in Texas!

ASLL.jpg

How interesting!

shut the front door :D

also @Nate, @mikeg_74 and the rest of TX crew better not let them out of their borders!

Back in 2009, in Saginaw Tx, these critters were all over the neighborhood my relative lived in.

Bug control companies had field day getting control of the infestation.

Most of the homes backed up to empty fields where other unwelcome critters hung out.

Nope nope nope

shut the front door :D

also @Nate, @mikeg_74 and the rest of TX crew better not let them out of their borders!

If Texas does the same job with these as it did with Mandrakes, nobody has any reason to worry!

Australia's got it worse.. still a big fat nope for Texas

ANd I just attended a training session last evening for my Emergency Response Training on recognizing and care for those bitten or stung by poisonous and venomous spiders, snakes scorpions and such here in Texas......this was not shown. i feel slighted:eek:

Murder hornets....Cicadas....now acid spraying arachnids?

The end of times is nigh !!

Put on some boots and do some dancing....Squash em all....Ha

Yo, that was a bit of a letdown. I wanted something a little more mean-looking than "stumpy".

Heck, that was my first girlfriend's name for me.. wait too much information :ROFLMAO:

First, we lose the electric grid, now lobsters shooting acid ... will these plagues never end?

ANd I just attended a training session last evening for my Emergency Response Training on recognizing and care for those bitten or stung by poisonous and venomous spiders, snakes scorpions and such here in Texas......this was not shown. i feel slighted:eek:
Vinegaroons are meh compared to all those. Scary looking, but non venomous. They can pinch and spray vinegar-like acid, but all in all they’re pretty wussy. Their looks will scare the hell out of you though!

heard about these. strange little critters.

We have those in NV.. the are freaky looking..

We have those in NV.. the are freaky looking..
We have them in AZ. They look too much like a scorpion to suit me. Anything shaped like a scorpion needs to be immediately killed with extreme prejudice.

We have them in AZ. They look too much like a scorpion to suit me. Anything shaped like a scorpion needs to be immediately killed with extreme prejudice.
Arizona is sounding more and more like Australia every day.

Good Lord - I hope I don't encounter any in Humble/Houston!

Burn it down with fire.

"well-aimed".....yikes

Back