Acoustic Guitar Players/Collectors

Yes the LP 59 is real. Took it to Gruhn Guitar in 2002. They made an insane offer that I turned down. Bought it for $200 and my 72 LP Deluxe. A real crappy guitar. Played with a guy who had a 57 gold top. He sanded it down to have a natural body.

I’ve played a few Bursts...damn dude. All original? PAF’s?

I have a cool Alvarez acoustic and a ton of electrics. I really want to buy a Lowden. Just got back from NAMM where I saw all kinds of goodies.

Not acoustic, but I've been following Rhett Shull and if I had the cash, I'd love to get a Novo Serus T or Serus J:

IMG_1360.JPG
The Ovation is from the 70's, the Martin is a year old, the Les Paul Studio is from the 80's

Not acoustic, but I've been following Rhett Shull and if I had the cash, I'd love to get a Novo Serus T or Serus J:

I may or may not have some money designated for a Serus T. I played one with a Two Rock Classic Reverb Signature recently...kinda makes me want to sell my Knaggs which is a great guitar

Hmmm I have the chance to purchase a 1 owner 1962 Martin D-28, all original, including case...Brazilian rosewood back and sides...tempting, so tempting

I have a small collection of vintage Fenders, but all electric. I don't play much anymore, I usually just stare at them from my desk. I usually only attempt to play if I need to clear my head. I would like to get more in to acoustics, but it won't be this year.

I have a small collection of vintage Fenders, but all electric. I don't play much anymore, I usually just stare at them from my desk. I usually only attempt to play if I need to clear my head. I would like to get more in to acoustics, but it won't be this year.

Talk to me if you decide to sell anything...

I've got a few guitars floating around. I've only got one acoustic. It's a 1981 Ovation. Not sure which model it is. I've got 3 other electrics and will probably pick up another soon. I'd love to get a PRS Angelus acoustic to add to the pile also.

I thought I’d better update this thread. Here is my Collings, slope shoulder dread, modeled after the old Gibson J-45. It’s a great guitar, with a dry, but robust sound.DD5ADC91-B8F3-4628-99AD-FA6789C5018F.jpeg1A3CC40E-C422-4615-A8D3-7B4545314999.jpegB41604B7-897D-468F-9175-95C65B165E3A.jpeg

Hmmm I have the chance to purchase a 1 owner 1962 Martin D-28, all original, including case...Brazilian rosewood back and sides...tempting, so tempting

I am very disappointed that you haven't updated this post with a picture of you with said guitar in hand as the new owner.

Yes, let’s see it.

I didn’t gel with the sound. It was good, but not knock your socks off good. Martin stopped using scalloped bracing that year or the year before. It would be an amazing collector piece, but I intend to play the hell out of any purchase....if the tone had been what I wanted, it would be sitting at home now.

Back