Activities for Shelter in Place

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
3 weeks is a long time to be tied to the house without some sort of release. Fortunately I have some essential golf items that I can use to help me pass the time. Any suggestions or activities you would do?

I have a putting mat in the house so I will be working on my putting stroke. I may even zero in on which putter works best for me. I also have a net and mat in the back yard I will use to work on my swing.8F29C373-AFC3-4530-9F7C-BBBA408D8A13.jpeg

Since my "shelter in place" place is at work I have decided that my putting mat and Puttout mirror are essential to my sanity starting tomorrow. Phone has not rang for over a week and no customers have came in so far this week, I'm going insane thinking "what if?" crap up in my head!:mad:

I have a project list I was saving for a rainy day (or 14). Bad news for me....I'm essential and need to go to work no matter what. Don't worry, I have a project list for work too. (n)

I have a putting green in the basement but we are getting a bit bored with the weather not yet warm enough for outdoor spring activities and the ski season is over. The indoor simulators at the club were my refuge the last month or so but they are shut down as well.

We had our annual Florida spring break family trip planned for tomorrow but my wife's work is crazy busy and she can't get away until next week. I'm likely driving straight through with our kids to Florida on Monday(1700 miles and 3 drivers) with just two or three stops for fuel and fast-food drive-throughs. Luckily our diesel SUV has a 600+ mile range so our bladders will give out first. My wife is fortunate that she can hitch a spot on an already scheduled company private flight later next week. We will hole up in our condo for at least a couple of weeks and the Florida weather will allow us to bike, walk, swim, kayak, golf, etc. which is a welcome change from our limited activities here. The warm weather is supposed to slow the virus down as well. A change of scenery will be good and who knows depending how Covid 19 goes she may work remotely and we could stay for a couple months or more as my kids don't need to be back in a classroom until late August. This could be the best and longest family bonding time we ever get!

Last edited:
My clubs are so f'n clean right now...

Since my "shelter in place" place is at work I have decided that my putting mat and Puttout mirror are essential to my sanity starting tomorrow. Phone has not rang for over a week and no customers have came in so far this week, I'm going insane thinking "what if?" crap up in my head!:mad:
I think that’s why it’s important to occupy free time. To much sitting around can be depressing. I think this is going to be the norm for a lot of areas of the country. All we can do is hope life returns to normal sooner then later.

The firmer foam balls and hard Almost Golf balls are great for chipping around the house.

I think that’s why it’s important to occupy free time. To much sitting around can be depressing. I think this is going to be the norm for a lot of areas of the country. All we can do is hope life returns to normal sooner then later.
I agree 100%, sitting around at work doing absolutely nothing drives me crazy. If the weather was better I would be out here tearing up the lawn practicing chipping. Wish the owner would just say close up for a week, I have stuff I could do at home. 🥱🤬

I have an indoor putting green and plenty of training aids for both putting and swing. So far this week though has been yard work (3 days) , car cleaning today with pressure washing the house next on the agenda. Kind of needed a break from golf anyway.

I agree 100%, sitting around at work doing absolutely nothing drives me crazy. If the weather was better I would be out here tearing up the lawn practicing chipping. Wish the owner would just say close up for a week, I have stuff I could do at home. 🥱🤬
I have a mountain behind my house that would make a great driving range. I have a 5 gallon bucket of found balls. Before it’s all over it may be a driving range. :p There is a good flat area about 50 ft up, and a canyon I could hit into. Just have to fire up the weed eater and get busy.

I have a putting green I can roll out and a net in the backyard. I may be breaking out the net once the rain breaks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Putting Mat in garage.

Hitting Cage with Impact screen. GC2 for numbers also in the garage. Though I haven't used it lately.

I'll survive, but my wife would kill me if I practiced golf when I'm on daycare duties.

Putting Mat in garage.

Hitting Cage with Impact screen. GC2 for numbers also in the garage. Though I haven't used it lately.

I'll survive, but my wife would kill me if I practiced golf when I'm on daycare duties.
Nice set up.

I have a putting green in the basement but we are getting a bit bored with the weather not yet warm enough for outdoor spring activities and the ski season is over. The indoor simulators at the club were my refuge the last month or so but they are shut down as well.

We had our annual Florida spring break family trip planned for tomorrow but my wife's work is crazy busy and she can't get away until next week. I'm likely driving straight through with our kids to Florida on Monday(1700 miles and 3 drivers) with just two or three stops for fuel and fast-food drive-throughs. Luckily our diesel SUV has a 600+ mile range so our bladders will give out first. My wife is fortunate that she can hitch a spot on an already scheduled company private flight later next week. We will hole up in our condo for at least a couple of weeks and the Florida weather will allow us to bike, walk, swim, kayak, golf, etc. which is a welcome change from our limited activities here. The warm weather is supposed to slow the virus down as well. A change of scenery will be good and who knows depending how Covid 19 goes she may work remotely and we could stay for a couple months or more as my kids don't need to be back in a classroom until late August. This could be the best and longest family bonding time we ever get!

I've been trying to remind people that gas pumps are often forgotten as being notoriously germ ridden, so keep that in mind on the way to your hopefully awesome family time.

I've been trying to remind people that gas pumps are often forgotten as being notoriously germ ridden, so keep that in mind on the way to your hopefully awesome family time.
Also why I have a jug of Clorox wipes on the front seat of all the cars currently.

My home course is still open so luckily I can still go there, but as soon as I'm stuck in my house, I'll be making an emergency purchase of simulator, net or something.

My wife and I have been working remotely for over 3 years. Now that we're stuck at home during non-working hours, we've been buying the 1000-piece Buffalo Games puzzles and we keep one going on our dining room table at all times. We will spend anywhere from 10 minutes to 2+ hours each day putting the puzzles together.

Now hopefully, we will start committing to an exercise routine!

I plan on using a latex glove and tossing it. Luckily our diesel SUV has a 600 mile range so I’ll only stop twice for fuel.

Bought a putt out trainer a couple of days ago in anticipation of the shut down. The mat should be delivered in a couple of days. Toying with the idea of getting a net for the back yard / garage.

My wife keeps shaking her head laughing at me as i have been working on cleaning the garage. But i keep pausing to swing my whip, putt, swing old clubs, chip in a bucket...... well, i have lots of time to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20200316_173716.jpg

Also a lot time with my son these past few days. I think he may be a lefty since he keeps standing on that side of the ball.

Even with his plastic toy clubs hes been swinging them lefty.

Yes he stole my glove too....

Sadly I have a full working setup at home, and is very much business as usual for me so very little extra time. Having said that, I think I'm going to be ordering a putting mat just so I can head downstairs now and again to roll a few. Need to get sharpened up a bit.

I've got a putting green in the basement, and I can chip around the yard once it dries out. Most of our time is spent keeping out 19 month old occupied.

Back