Acu-Strike. Anyone tried it?

Boone

Reaction score
My golfing buddy Mark sent me a link to what looks like a pretty clever but simple practice mat, the Acu-Strike available HERE.

Basically, it looks like a mat that takes advantage of the 'pile' direction in a carpet, where when the club pushes the fibers in one direction, the path of the club is clearly visible. I'm thinking about grabbing one because it gives you immediate feedback on swings even without a ball.

Here's a You Tube video on it if anyone is interested, but would love to hear from anyone who has purchased or used one.

Ive been curious about this as well even though I know i have an outside in with the face a bit open swing. Seeing the corrections makes me interested.

Ive been curious about this as well even though I know i have an outside in with the face a bit open swing. Seeing the corrections makes me interested.
It just seems as if it would make practice swinging indoors without a ball much more productive...

Reviews I've read are not good

I have not, but I could happily go the rest of my life never hearing their YouTube advertisement again. It's beyond annoying.

Hmm... guess I'll need to dig a little deeper. I don't see how, given the simplicity of the mat, that it doesn't do exactly what it is supposed to do. The videos I watched by golf instructors were pretty favorable. Maybe I need to pull the trigger and do a review here myself.

I have the outdoor one and use it inside to practice with. It does what I need it to. I also hit balls off of it on a mat at the range to work on path/face.

My only issue was the trim on the leading edge started to come loose as it caught the follow through. I just epoxied it back down. I also use it in the reverse direction so the turf is dark and the divot mark as light as I find it easier to see.

For me it has been worth the money.

Last edited:
My brother came across this and told me about it. Not sure if he pulled the trigger or not, but seems interesting.

seems like this is a copy off another product accomplishing the same thing.

I have not, but I could happily go the rest of my life never hearing their YouTube advertisement again. It's beyond annoying.
Update to this - I have a paid YouTube account now, for the sole reason of never having to hear this ad again. And I love it. Best money I've spend recently. And I kind of love the idea that accustrike pays YouTube to stream their ads, so I can pay YouTube to never see them. I feel like there's a fantastic F you to accustrike in that. :LOL:

So we’ve established their ad sucks :) Anyone actually used the thing?

It seems like something that might benefit someone who hits into a net a lot. 1 more piece of information.

So we’ve established their ad sucks :) Anyone actually used the thing?
Yes and I like using it to fine tune my swing when I can't get to the range.

Back