Adam Scott Hall of Fame?

I think he deserves to go in. I don't see using the long putter as a reason to hold it against him.

He’s been in the top 10 nearly his whole career and with the number of tournments he’s won globally, he should be. But when I hear Adam Scott I just don’t think of him as a Hall of Famer.

By the very low standard of Hall of Fame induction, yes, Adam Scott should be in the World Golf Hall of Fame.

I'm another that thinks the cheater putter puts a blemish on that record. When he went back to a traditional putter he was no longer competitive. Could just be me being a grumpy old man but hate seeing people win with the cheater putters.

With that resume I don’t see why not. He’ll win a couple more in the next 5 years and solidify it.

I think, in part, the Hall of Fames have been watered down a bit. I think to qualify you should be either a top 1% in the era you played, did something extraordinary to advance the game, or won 4 or more majors.

I don’t classify Adam Scott as a person who dominated, won enough majors, or has done anything extraordinary to the game of golf. Therefore, I would not say he should be in the Hall of Fame.

On the side, I think some that have never played the game if golf, but have designed most of the equipment or have been an incredible emissary to the advancement of golf should also be considered more.

Yes for the World Golf Hall of Fame. I don’t think Scott is finished winning either.

I think he deserves to go in. I don't see using the long putter as a reason to hold it against him.

I agree on the long putter. It is legal so I am not sure how you can hold it against him.

I think he is borderline as is Couples. This win certainly helps if he gets a couple of more or another major then definitely yes.

Not for me. No particular reason. Solid player, but not hall of famer

Not for me. I put him in the category of player who had a really really nice career, just not premium enough to be in the HOF. Also, IMO Couples shouldn’t be the standard which allows the dumbing down of the HOF.

Most likely, yes..... but to me, he still anchors the putter until evidence proves otherwise

As he leads the back 9 on Sunday, which would be his 14th PGA Tour win, it got me thinking about the hall of fame.

He currently has 13 wins on the PGA Tour
He has 11 Euro Tour wins
He also has 9-10 other International wins

He reached #1 in the world and held it for nearly 3 months.
He has 1 Major with his Masters win.
He has finished top 5 in all of the majors.

Do you think he is a hall of famer?

Adam Scott does not yet qualify under the current criteria. To qualify, a player must be 40 years old or 5 years removed from active competition. In addition, he must have at least 15 wins from any of several tours (both the PGA Tour and the Euro Tour qualify) or 2 major wins.

Adam Scott will qualify as soon as he reaches 40 years of age, because he has 24 combined wins on the necessary tours, far in excess of the 15 win requirement. He is 39. My bet is that he gets in sometime after he turns 40, especially with that swing.

Last edited:
With the win at Riv yesterday, I think he cemented it.

He has had a great career (putter aside) so I would think he gets in. Even if he doesn't, with the career money he has earned he will be comfortable.

As much as I loved Freddie, I don't think he should be in the HOF. Not Adam, YET! I remember when Mark O'Meara spoke out when Freddie was voted in to the HOF. He questioned since he had 2 majors to Freddie's one, and he had 16 PGA wins to Freddie's 15. Freddie voted in in 2013 and finally Mark voted in in 2015. I always felt that 2 majors and 15-20 wins was the minimum needed.

No. Win another Major.

I'd vote for him, my wife would kill me if i didnt. :rolleyes:

Nope not for me..... take away that huge putter that “wasn’t anchored” at the weekend and he’s done. Sorry...

Nice swing though...

hated him on Tiger Woods PGA Tour and can’t get over it.

I don’t think he’s a first ballot, but yeah I say he gets in eventually.

No. It's not the Hall of Better Than Average

In the money HOF.

Needs another Major.

Also need a definitive answer on him anchoring or not.

For all of the posters who state that he doesn’t deserve to get in unless he does “x,” I wonder why you are imposing your own subjective criteria, when the criteria for qualification are objective and have been pointed out in the thread. It takes 14 wins OR 2 majors. That’s it. He’ll get in. He’s done what the World Golf Hall of Fame has set as the standard. It doesn’t even seem like an argument can be made otherwise.

Plus, that swing... :LOL:

I never really liked him as a player, but it was good to see him back in the winners circle. I think he would be a good player for the Hall of Fame. He is a proven winner, slumped a little, but believe he is on the rise recently. Major winner and if he can continue to perform in big events it makes the answer easier.

For all of the posters who state that he doesn’t deserve to get in unless he does “x,” I wonder why you are imposing your own subjective criteria, when the criteria for qualification are objective and have been pointed out in the thread. It takes 14 wins OR 2 majors. That’s it. He’ll get in. He’s done what the World Golf Hall of Fame has set as the standard. It doesn’t even seem like an argument can be made otherwise.

Plus, that swing... :LOL:
I agree - if he meets the WGHOF standards, then he should get in. Whether the WGHOF standards are adequate/appropriate is a different discussion.

Personally, I don't have strong feelings about him either way. He's had a nice career, but when I think of elite pro golfers he's not one that immediately pops into my mind.

Back