Adam Scott Hot take

We have the question and the full answer. It's in the thread.

View attachment 8987563

I don't read anything negative, wrong or disingenuous about any of this. This is one question from this interview and we have no clue what set this one up. Context matters imo.

re bolded: You think the guys grinding on tour are out there picking favorites and treating only 10-12 events as seriously competitions?

I think the sample size of golfers who only give a **** 10-12 times a year is pretty small.
You might be right about that but if Adam Scott feels that way I'm willing to bet that number is higher than you think. He has only won once in the last 5 years and hasn't really been considered a top tier player IMO since he had to switch putters. Perhaps it is somewhere in the middle.

I do think a lot of the younger guys who have appeared on tour in recent years with success are doing so because they want it more. I also think there may be a correlation with the number of guys who only count the 10-12 tournaments as important to the amount of cash in their bank accounts and their amount of time on tour.

You might be right about that but if Adam Scott feels that way I'm willing to bet that number is higher than you think. He has only won once in the last 5 years and hasn't really been considered a top tier player IMO since he had to switch putters. Perhaps it is somewhere in the middle.

I do think a lot of the younger guys who have appeared on tour in recent years with success are doing so because they want it more. I also think there may be a correlation with the number of guys who only count the 10-12 tournaments as important to the amount of cash in their bank accounts and their amount of time on tour.
Adam Scott has made over 50 million on the golf course, not considering sponsorship deals.

I'd say he's in pretty rare company.

Remember, it's not always about winning on your, it's about being paid on tour.

View attachment 8988116
I love that quote from Kiz. :LOL: He's not wrong, either! A lot of guys have made a very tidy living on the PGA Tour without being regular winners.

I love that quote from Kiz. :LOL: He's not wrong, either! A lot of guys have made a very tidy living on the PGA Tour without being regular winners.
Chucky triple sticks..

Some thoughts are better left unsaid, to me this is one of those times...

Remember, it's not always about winning on your, it's about being paid on tour.

View attachment 8988116

I like this a lot. In a way it is the same thing that Scott was saying, just worded differently. They all know week in and week out the prestige of each tournament isn't there, but entertainment value and the money is.

Back