Adam Scott Leaves Burberry

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Adam Scott is no longer working with Burberry and will be signing a sponsorship with Ashworth. His Titleist deal allows him to pick his own apparel sponsor and after meeting with quite a few companies he chose Ashworth.

Many people have asked why he left Burberry and the word we got today is that Burberry is going to get rid of their golf line for the most part.

We were surprised by this news (the Asworth part) because while at the show we met with one company that offered him so much more in terms of creativity and was close on the money side, but we were told, that the bottom line was, he went with the "highest bidder". I am looking forward to what TM has in store for his line since acquiring Ashworth apparel recently.

To me, Adam Scott and Burberry were like peanut butter and jelly. Bad analogy...since everyone's freaking out about peanut butter now...or does that make it the perfect analogy?

• Admin
He wore them well, however they were not exactly a "surfer" kind of clothing. Ideally it should be PAHR golf since they are the company owned by the extreme athletes why not have the surfer. But we shall see if he can bring back a brand on the brink of death to be profitable again.

He wore them well, however they were not exactly a "surfer" kind of clothing. Ideally it should be PAHR golf since they are the company owned by the extreme athletes why not have the surfer. But we shall see if he can bring back a brand on the brink of death to be profitable again.

I never got the stereotypical surfer vibe from him. More the "pretty boy" vibe. Burberry to a T.

Not to say he isn't a surfer, but not exacly a beach boy. (Duuuuude!)

malibu.jpg

I'm just speculating, but I think Burberry is getting out of the golf business. They used to have a "golf" link on the website, but it hasn't been there for months.

More to the point, Burberry's parent company, Hartmarx, filed for bankruptcy. I'm certain they are cutting back on "unnecessary" expenses like endorsements, and getting back to their core business. I hope this doesn't affect their suit business. I've worn HS&M suits for years and wouldn't want anything else.

A shame though. I really liked Burberry Golf. If I had the disposable income, I would have bought a lot of it.

• Admin
Harry,
I said that in the original post. They are getting rid of their entire golf line over the course of 2009.

Harry,
I said that in the original post. They are getting rid of their entire golf line over the course of 2009.

Man, that is disconcerting. How did I miss that? It's right there plain as day.

What are these "burberrys" you speak of? Like cranberries?:twist:

Are you serious? That is so awesome. Josh lived next to Gold...totally roided up, he says, though nice.
Yep, he rented a room from my neighbor at my parents house. He is a total D Bag. Gemini was a trainer at my gym too, he is a really cool dude.

Yep, he rented a room from my neighbor at my parents house. He is a total D Bag. Gemini was a trainer at my gym too, he is a really cool dude.

Very neat...just as I imagined each of them.

What are these "burberrys" you speak of? Like cranberries?:twist:

< groan >

Spoiler
while trying to hide a smile.

As a former D.C. resident, I always thought it was funny that there is a fruit called marion berry.

Spoiler
I could never bring myself to put one in my mouth.

And I agree with Julie--Adam Scott and Burberry were perfect.

As a former D.C. resident, I always thought it was funny that there is a fruit called marion berry.

Spoiler
I could never bring myself to put one in my mouth.

I'm not taking the bait on that one.

Spoiler
It would be entrapment anyway.

Wow, this one got derailed in a hurry.

Wow, this one got derailed in a hurry.

Well, it's not a post we expect the manufacturer to follow, is it? Or shall I talk about liking plaid as well as argyle?

No, I was just shocked it happened so fast.

I'm not sure there was much else to say was there?

Think of it as extending the life of a thread that would normally have died many posts ago. Yes, that's right, we are do-gooders.

Spoiler
Or we've had some good Dewars. You know, one or the other.

Best thread EVER! :>)

I think I was always more of a Nitro fan Julie.
nitro.png

Ashworth better come up with something interesting and fast... because I just don't see him wearing those kinds of clothes. Even their recent attempts at making younger clothes is pretty shady....

Back