Adams Speedline Tech Driver Preview

Awesome! I'm actually pretty excited about this.

Just re-read your review, TC. Sounds like it could be a good match for me.

I'm reading fastfit adjustability, whatever that means. Doesn't look like it from the pics but the two dots indicate something.

--
Tapatalk2

I think its just like the first Nickent adjustable driver, shaft changes only, no open/closed ability. Could be wrong though.

Just re-read your review, TC. Sounds like it could be a good match for me.

I would be surprised if you didn't like it. The RUL is a mid spin/launch profile shaft and is pretty true in my experiences with it. I think you'll like how smooth and stable it is.

I think its just like the first Nickent adjustable driver, shaft changes only, no open/closed ability. Could be wrong though.

The tip is hex or octagonal shaped so I'm not sure what the adjustability settings are. Either way I like it for the simplicity of swapping shafts.

--
Tapatalk2

The Speedline Tech Driver arrived today sporting the Matrix RUL 54 shaft and a 10.5° head.

Definitely a better looking stick in person than in pictures. The head is really sleek and the black/white color scheme is nice looking. Have to say that the headcover looks really nice and has the little notch on top that makes it easy to remove.

DSCN0944-L.jpg

DSCN0949-L.jpg

DSCN0945-L.jpg

DSCN0946-L.jpg

DSCN0948-L.jpg

DSCN0950-L.jpg

The Fastfit adjustability does in fact change the face angle. There are four settings as shown in the pictures. A pretty cool looking torque wrench comes with the driver.

DSCN0954-L.jpg

DSCN0955-L.jpg

DSCN0956-L.jpg

DSCN0958-L.jpg

DSCN0959-L.jpg

DSCN0957-L.jpg

Lastly, I did have a chance for a quick introductory session on the driving range. The sound is on the louder side of things, but I've certainly heard worse. Didn't really hit a lot of balls, but the ones I did were giving me a nice mid/high ball flight. Tough to gauge distance as I was hitting limited flight balls into the wind. This will be going in the bag asap to see how it works for me on the course.

This video was made to showcase the sound at impact, though it doesn't really give off the echo that you hear in person.

Hawk, I am definitely following this one. This driver has my attention big time.

Hope to get a couple rounds in with it this week, Frank. Trial by fire.

Some really good stuff Hawk. Guess people missed it.

Thanks, JB. I don't know what the difference is, but the looks of this one do a lot more for me than the Fast 12.

Hawk, I will be interested to hear your results with the 10.5* head with this shaft. I was hitting the 9* and was seeing a pretty nice high ball flight out of it. Being that I struggle with a line drive tee shot at times, I found it interesting that I was hitting a 9* driver with such a higher trajectory than I usually would.

Thanks for the pics Hawk. The fast fit tech looks to be pretty straight forward to use. The head looks pretty large. From the video it did sound like a louder driver. Have fun with it on the course.

I want to get some time with real golf balls before I really make a judgement on ball flight, but I did hit some pretty high balls with it. The first one I hit was up there. My eyes actually lost it right off the club due to the height. Still carried as far as I'd expect.

I did hit some mid-height shots as well. The miss seemed to be right for me yesterday.

Good stuff hawk. Interested to hear your final thoughts on this one.

Thanks for the pics Hawk. The fast fit tech looks to be pretty straight forward to use. The head looks pretty large. From the video it did sound like a louder driver. Have fun with it on the course.
It definitely had an interesting sound to it. I would compare it to a Nike driver blended with a fungo bat.

I does look pretty big from the top, especially coming from the Classic driver. The sound was loud, but not so loud that I was embarassed to hit it like a few others I've had.

It definitely had an interesting sound to it. I would compare it to a Nike driver blended with a fungo bat.

That's interesting and pretty hilarious.

That is a really good looking driver. Thanks for the pictures Hawk. I think I like the looks of this one much better then the Fast12 look. And of course the shaft is better. Hawk did you have that ball teed really low or did it just look like it?

How does the shaft feel so far?

Yea man. I teed it WAY down, especially compared to how I tee my normal driver. It's a bigger adjustment than you'd think after seeing such a tall face at address for a couple months. I didn't want to sky it on the first day haha. It did seem to work for me since most of my shots were in the center portion of the face.

As for the shaft, I'm still not sure. I thought about it a few times during the range session, but I'm not really very good at discerning or explaining shaft feel. I'd like to reserve comments until I swing it a little more. It seemed very nice from what I could tell. Not whippy at all.

Im with you on the shaft feel, its something that is very difficult for me to discern too. Usually I just look at my ball flight and try to make something of it from that.

Overall sound thoughts?

I also want to see how it works when I'm trying to rip it. I had some of those good junior golfers lurking and you know how that goes. I figure lots of on-course testing will be a little better for this one.

Overall sound thoughts?

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it was on the louder side, but it's not like an old Nike or that Maruman driver I reviewed last year. I didn't even like to hit those on the range. It's got a louder, high pitched sound that echos quite a bit.

Hawk how did you have the settings? All neutral for the maiden voyage? Is it me or does the hosel area look really small for an adjustable driver? Which is a good thing mind you.

Hawk how did you have the settings? All neutral for the maiden voyage? Is it me or does the hosel area look really small for an adjustable driver? Which is a good thing mind you.

I just went neutral yesterday, but I figure I'll give them all a go at some point. They are basically the exact same settings you'd see on an R9, minus the weights.

The hosel actually doesn't look that big when the club is assembled, but it seems pretty big when the shaft is unattached. I'll grab and R9 and try to get some pictures for comparion. I actually like the way that it doesn't really look adjustable on the outside since the settings are on the adaptor.

I just went neutral yesterday, but I figure I'll give them all a go at some point. They are basically the exact same settings you'd see on an R9, minus the weights.

The hosel actually doesn't look that big when the club is assembled, but it seems pretty big when the shaft is unattached. I'll grab and R9 and try to get some pictures for comparion. I actually like the way that it doesn't really look adjustable on the outside since the settings are on the adaptor.

Yeah I was just looking at the pictures again and I like what they did there. Nice and sleek looking.

Back