Adams Speedline Tech Driver Preview

statistics like that don't mean a thing

54% more accuracy than what?
what do they mean by accuracy?
what do they mean by off center hits?
is the added accuracy at the cost of distance?

companies can alter their testing methods to claim just about any statistic they want, so I wouldn't really put much weight behind some generic "54% more accurate" claim

All valid questions but since Adams does not have this driver (nor these claims) on their website, at least that I can find, I suppose we will have to wait for the review and the product to appear on their page with hopefully some more detail.

looks awesome aesthetically. can't wait to see performance numbers.

As interested as I am by this driver, give me a shorter shaft. As smart as the engineers at Adams appear to be, they should be able to develop that performance with a easier to control length shaft. I would have an issue paying $400 and then cutting the shaft down.

Looks decent but that shaft is what really brings it together for me. After being in love with the iron side of Adams, I'm very hesitant to try any of their drivers or FW's for some reason. Good luck with the review.

Looking forward to the review, and i liked the looks of it when i saw a few pics a week or two ago, but these pics show more detail. I noticed the face looked a little deeper than "normal" as well but not "classic" deep.

Tested this out today on the range before our round. Ball flight was good, distance was okay. Forgiveness was fine. Sound was awful. It sounds like a combination of a Cobra driver from 2006 (you know the ones) mixed with a little college baseball bat. Not crazy loud, but just annoying enough that it got to me. I am also not a huge fan of the looks at address with the "wings". However when push comes to shove, the results are what matter and while I still prefer my current driver, this one did just fine.

Ryan H will be doing the review for THP, so his thoughts will be forthcoming once the product arrives to him in the next few days.

I has the opportunity to hit this one on the range as well. I really wasn't a huge fan of the different sounds I heard when hitting it, but like JB said, it's hard to argue with results. I saw some really nice results out of this driver, and was quite impressed with the ball flight the shaft offered me. I hit some shots that had literally no left or right movement in them, was quite impressed actually.

It really reminds me of the TM Superfast 1.0 at address and just overall looks.

With the cg being moved closer to the shaft does that have any effect on making it draw or neutrally biased?

--
Tapatalk2

With the cg being moved closer to the shaft does that have any effect on making it draw or neutrally biased?

--
Tapatalk2

That is a good question and one I am trying to figure out still. Hit balls on the range only and when hit well, I hit them really well, but I drew every single shot.

Really looking forward to the review on this one. I have never been a Adams driver fan but I like the stock shaft choice for this one and it looks decent at address.

That is a good question and one I am trying to figure out still. Hit balls on the range only and when hit well, I hit them really well, but I drew every single shot.

Are you seeing a draw with your gamer as well? For some reason I remember you playing a small fade.

--
Tapatalk2

Are you seeing a draw with your gamer as well? For some reason I remember you playing a small fade.

--
Tapatalk2

With the Classic I am fortunate that I can play it anyway. Stock shaft is about a 5 yard fade, but I can play it straight or draw also. It surprised me that this was draw after draw.

With the Classic I am fortunate that I can play it anyway. Stock shaft is about a 5 yard fade, but I can play it straight or draw also. It surprised me that this was draw after draw.
So not good for somebody who already draws the ball and has a hook for a miss im guessing.

Interesting feedback, guys. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works for me. Not thrilled to hear about the sound, but a good ball flight could make that not so bad.

Interesting feedback, guys. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works for me. Not thrilled to hear about the sound, but a good ball flight could make that not so bad.
Hawk, I think you will like the results you see out of it. I hit the 9*, and usually struggle with that loft in a driver, but the shaft is the real deal, in my opinion. Looking down on it, I thought I was hitting one of the older Cleveland drivers due to the color of the head/shaft combos.

I'm more interested in hearing what you think about the shaft Hawk.

Hawk, I think you will like the results you see out of it. I hit the 9*, and usually struggle with that loft in a driver, but the shaft is the real deal, in my opinion. Looking down on it, I thought I was hitting one of the older Cleveland drivers due to the color of the head/shaft combos.

That's something I was thinking about looking at the pics. So, is it adjustable? I still haven't figured that out yet.

I won't lie. That is extremely interesting to me. I've never had a Matrix shaft.

I won't lie. That is extremely interesting to me. I've never had a Matrix shaft.

The RUL is legit. Is the the 60 series you're getting?

The fact that I was able to get a 9* driver up in the air with a nice ball flight had me quite intrigued. I need to read up on this shaft a bit, but I loved the way it felt.

That's something I was thinking about looking at the pics. So, is it adjustable? I still haven't figured that out yet.

I'm reading fastfit adjustability, whatever that means. Doesn't look like it from the pics but the two dots indicate something.

--
Tapatalk2

It's the RUL 54

I can't wait to give this one the business and see how it works for me.

It's the RUL 54

So the 50 Series. Nice. That's a nice light weight shaft right there. I think you're really going to like it.

Back