Adams Tight Lies Titanium Fairway Wood Review

ORUTRAVIS

Retired Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
About two months ago I purchased a Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5 Fairway wood with the MRC Bassara X stiff shaft. I have loved Adams Tight lies since I started the game nearly 22 years ago. Fairway woods and launching them high enough has been an issue for me from the beginning so I love the low profile design. I ordered this club a bit blind but have been more than impressed with it in the rounds I have played. I had tried the Adams Tight lies before this model with the slot and thought it was extremely distracting. The new ghost slot makes this look like a normal fairway wood but with hidden tech. An absolute fan. The face angle sits square and that is definitely a positive for me.

Looks: A blackish grey crown and white scoring lines frame the golf ball nicely. The head, shaft, and grip flow together seamlessly in the stock setting.

Feel: It has bit of a tinny sound on well struck shots that explode off the face. I have found that I really like the feel of this club.

Performance: Distance wise this thing is a real beast. I am getting similar distance to the mini 1.5 12 I had but with a higher trajectory. The one thing that has me debating the longevity of this club in my bag is that I am always looking for a club that performs like a three wood off the ground that I can count on stopping into the green. I believe I should have ordered the 15 degree to achieve this. Off a tee this thing rivals a driver as it a high launch low spin animal. In a recent round with Kang I hit this club well over three hundred yards downwind and was past the Titleist 915 D4 I hit. I am able to hit off the tee about any shot shape I like.

If you are looking for an easy to hit fairway wood with an extremely hot face this is a great club to try out.

[h=3]Titanium Clubhead[/h]Titanium clubhead with a 75-gram steel plate allows for our lowest center of gravity ever in an Adams fairway wood.

Ghost%20Slot.jpg

UpsideDown%20Face.jpg
Low-profile, upside down designLow-profile, upside down design creates large impact area low in the face for more consistant contac, and higher launch.

Back