Adapter separating

Elmave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The adapter on my Epic Max LS is separating. Is this a problem and should i replace it . Happened once before with an even wider separation took it in to Golf Galaxy they got it back flush but it happened again. At the very least it is bothering me.AB2D078E-6B04-43F1-ABAB-90F5A8BDA7A5.jpeg

Ferrule separation, collar on adapter could be issue as the ferrule is a softer edge than the adapter ridge. Pull back apply a little epoxy and it will be fine.

Usually the ferrule but a couple months ago for me, looked the same as your photo, the shaft snapped at the adapter.

Just hit a drive, very well right down the middle. When putting the headcover back on, the head snapped off. Very odd in that the drive was very good and felt fine, the only signifier was what I'd hoped was ferrule creep, but apparently wasn't.

I've another adapter that appears to be creeping similarly so I won't play it until I can get the adapter pulled and reset, just in case.

Ferrule separation, collar on adapter could be issue as the ferrule is a softer edge than the adapter ridge. Pull back apply a little epoxy and it will be fine.
Already took it to Golf Galaxy. They are great there. They did exactly what you suggested and it should be fine. Glad I got it adjusted because it would have bothered me. Ill keep an eye on it but hopefully that's it. Thanks again for your quick response I appreciate it

That would drive me nuts for sure. Glad they fixed it for you.

Already took it to Golf Galaxy. They are great there. They did exactly what you suggested and it should be fine. Glad I got it adjusted because it would have bothered me. Ill keep an eye on it but hopefully that's it. Thanks again for your quick response I appreciate it
Should be all that is wrong, issue would have arose if left with the creap on the ferrule riding up exposing the adapter ridge creating sort of a stress point which is why if not taken care of can result in a snapped shaft.

Back