Adidas Powerband Grind review

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
I bought myself new a pair of golf shoes recently and figured i would share my thoughts on them and maybe help someone who is in need of a new pair themselves. So this is a small review from me (and also the first one i've ever done so bare with me).

In the box
IMG_3240.jpg

Out of the box
IMG_3245.jpg

And the TRAXION sole
IMG_3242.jpg

Adidas have have built this shoe on their Powerband chassis to give the golfer more stability and balance through the swing. It has been also been equipped with their CLIMAPROOF technology to let the shoe breath which i'm pretty sure you are all familiar with. The shoe has also been equipped with adiTUFF (to prolong the lifetime of the shoe due to higher durability in the toe and prevents abrasion due to toe drag) and their TRAXION sole. The Powerband Grind shoe also has the THINTech technology which is intended to get the golfer closer to the ground with a thinner sole and softspike and thus give the player better a better platform to stand on and get better overall performance on the course.

When i was looking for a new pair of golf shoes i looked for a pair of FootJoy (because a friend of mine told me they were good) but the guy at the store insisted on me trying a pair of Adidas shoes and told me "they were so much better". And since i was on a tight budget i thought why not since they cost less than the other shoes i had been looking at. First impression was "damn that's a sexy shoe" and when i tried them i fell in love. They were so comfortable there in the store i just had to buy them. The only thing to remark on from my first encounter with them is that the sizes are pretty small, so if you havn't tried the Adidas golf shoes before you might want to go up one size if you are thinking about ordering a pair online. I had to go up from a 9 to a 10.

So, how did they feel after a few hours of walking? They felt great. The thing that hit me was that it felt like i had been using these shoes for quite some time already because of the good fit. They felt like those shoes you have had for a year or two that have been shaped for your foot. So i am pleasantly surprised about the fit. They held the foot in place, felt firm but yet soft since the shoe itself is flexible in contrast to the other ones i have used that have been really hard and stiff in the fabric and sole until i've used them for a month or two. Since the sole is so thin i was worried that my knees would start to hurt due to the "lack of" cushion but they are a joy to wear. And i am also impressed with the grip of these shoes on the ground, really felt like i didn't lose power in the swing due to slippery shoes and they really held me in place. I would be stupid not to recommend these shoes for those who are looking for new ones!

I will update this thread later on with some long term thoughts.

Feel free to ask questions!

Thanks for the review Flix. I myself have always been enamored by the various generations of Powerbands but still went Footjoy.

Glad to hear you're digging them and a nice little review for your first of anything like this!

Sweet! These are definitely cost effective.
Added to my list of shoes to try out.

Appreciate the info flix. I always thought Adidas shoes felt pretty tight and Ill have to try and go up a size like you suggest. Also good to hear there wasn't a huge breaking in period for you and that they were pretty flexible. Glad you found a great shoe for you at a good price!

Great review! I think that Adidas golf shoes are the most comfortable I have ever tried.

Sweet! These are definitely cost effective.
Indeed they are! And yes, you should try them :)

Appreciate the info flix. I always thought Adidas shoes felt pretty tight and Ill have to try and go up a size like you suggest. Also good to hear there wasn't a huge breaking in period for you and that they were pretty flexible. Glad you found a great shoe for you at a good price!

Yes, i tried my normal size first and also came to that conclusion, but the guy helping me said that Adidas always had a tendency to make their golf shoes small size-wise. I also hope that they keep their good fit so they dont turn out to be too "soft" in the long run. Time will tell!

Definitely interested to see how they do work out for ya. Again great review :)

Indeed they are! And yes, you should try them :)

Yes, i tried my normal size first and also came to that conclusion, but the guy helping me said that Adidas always had a tendency to make their golf shoes small size-wise. I also hope that they keep their good fit so they dont turn out to be too "soft" in the long run. Time will tell!

I think these are the same ones I was checking out in the clubhouse the other day. They were black with white stripes and super light. Very nice looking shoes for 79.99

ty everyone for the kind words about the review.

I think these are the same ones I was checking out in the clubhouse the other day. They were black with white stripes and super light. Very nice looking shoes for 79.99

Indeed they are. Sometimes i just wish i lived in the US because of your prices. I know one cant compare between contries but in Sweden these shoes costs around $185 due to taxes and import costs.

Yeah, Golftown has them for $50 right now.
Maybe I could buy these AND a club this year :p

Yeah, Golftown has them for $50 right now.
Maybe I could buy these AND a club this year :p

with that price... yes you could.. bastard ;)

with that price... yes you could.. bastard ;)

Apologies if it seemed like I was bragging. I am reining in my spending so I decided to buy shoes instead of a new club.

Apologies if it seemed like I was bragging. I am reigning in my spending so I decided to buy shoes instead of a new club.

no worries, i was just joking about the "bastard" thingie :) but i do hope you get new shoes and a new club! :drinks:

Interesting...I've been wearing Adidas for years for different sports (baseball/softball, rugby, and now golf) and never had a problem with the golf shoes being too small. I wonder if this is with the newer models.

Or maybe it's because I wear a "half" size...11.5 versus an 11 or 12. 11's are a bit tight and I swim in 12's.

Interesting...I've been wearing Adidas for years for different sports (baseball/softball, rugby, and now golf) and never had a problem with the golf shoes being too small. I wonder if this is with the newer models.

Or maybe it's because I wear a "half" size...11.5 versus an 11 or 12. 11's are a bit tight and I swim in 12's.

That might be one explanation. I first thought it had something to do with converting sizes from US to EU, but then again i almost always have 9 (sometimes 9½) irrespective of brand in US sizes until now with the golf shoes + the guy in the store told me they were small size-wise so i have no other frame of references.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to more info on these and you're off to a great start! I have not purchased any adidas golf shoes, but have purchased a few regular tennis shoes and they too traditionally run small for me. I wear a 13 in most other brands and those are almost too big. A 12.5 is the truest of sizes for me really but it is extremely difficult for me to find especially in a golf shoe.

Thanks again for the self review!

That might be one explanation. I first thought it had something to do with converting sizes from US to EU, but then again i almost always have 9 (sometimes 9½) independable of brand in US sizes until now with the golf shoes + the guy in the store told me they were small size-wise so i have no other frame of references.

And great review by the way!

WOW Good to hear about adidas shoes. I have never owned a pair of adidas not even just regular tennis shoes. I'm a nike man when it comes to my feet. However, I have really been contemplating switching my shoes to adidas since I love TM more than I do NIKE! Still looking for the most comfy and cool looking adidas I can find. I can play good, so I want to look good... LOL

I was always a Nike guy but switched to the Adipures last year. SWEET.

Addidas golf shoes are the best! It's like walking on air compared to Nike! 5 years ago I got the Tour Metals and they were amazing! This past Christmas my dad bought me the Addidas Powerband 2.0s; Absolutely love them!

WOW Good to hear about adidas shoes. I have never owned a pair of adidas not even just regular tennis shoes. I'm a nike man when it comes to my feet. However, I have really been contemplating switching my shoes to adidas since I love TM more than I do NIKE! Still looking for the most comfy and cool looking adidas I can find. I can play good, so I want to look good... LOL

Just do it ;)

And yes, the better you think you play, the better you want to look on the course lol

Great stuff Flix. Thanks for the review. I always like shoe reviews because the sizes are always a little different between the manufacturers. I find Adidas to be a lot smaller then Nike. Nikes are always huge on me. Ecco's are also a brand that seems to run large

Great stuff Flix. Thanks for the review. I always like shoe reviews because the sizes are always a little different between the manufacturers. I find Adidas to be a lot smaller then Nike. Nikes are always huge on me. Ecco's are also a brand that seems to run large

Indeed!

Back