adjustable driver settings

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm new to an adjustable driver. What is a good setting for a high capper trying to get rid of a fade/slice? My previous driver was glued at 12 degrees without any of these problems.

Theoretically, you would move to a setting that is more upright and that will close the face.

I'm new to an adjustable driver. What is a good setting for a high capper trying to get rid of a fade/slice? My previous driver was glued at 12 degrees without any of these problems.
What driver do you have? The adapters for different OEMs can do different things….

Typically adding loft, closes the face and/or increases the lie angle (good for a slice).

Add loft. That should increase lie angle and close the face a little which should help with a slice.

Go the the range and spend some time with it. That way you can see what different adjustments will do

Honorable mention - if you have moveable or sliding weights….move them heel side. Also helps the face close over during the swing.

What driver do you have? The adapters for different OEMs can do different things….

Typically adding loft, closes the face and/or increases the lie angle (good for a slice).

The new C721 TE. Sadly, I am not getting the same results as everyone else here.

Get some foot spray at the supermarket. Spray the club face with it so you can find out where you're mostly hitting the ball. If it has a moveable weight, move the weight behind where most of the marks are. i.e.: if most of the marks are toward the heel, move the weight there. If they're in the center, move the weight there. If they're nearer the toe, move the weight toward the toe. Ultimately you would want to learn to hit the ball from the center. That's the sweet spot. I'd just put the weight there and practice until you get it right. Use the foot spray regularly. It washes off.

For loft adjustment? For high handicappers, it is typically advised to go for a higher loft. If you did well with 12 degrees, set the loft there. I used to do well with 11.5 degrees.

Take a neutral grip on your driver. Learn the proper stance with your driver. Practice. Start slow and work your speed up. Stay with it.

Back