mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks to the COVID self-distancing, I won’t have my usual coffee at work and I don’t have a coffee maker at home. A friend of mine recommended an Aeropress for some amazing iced coffee. I’m now an owner of an Aeropress and it should arrive in a few days. I’m bad with peer pressure:LOL:.

Anyone have a good experience with these? Does anyone have any coffee recommendations?
I’m a medium to dark roast kind of guy and usually take my coffee black.
I will be using this time for some fun experimentation.

Thats fun.
We are coffee drinkers. We go to a local place that roasts the beans and grind them in a Capresso each morning.

Looking forward to some thoughts while you test it out.

Aeropress is fantastic, you may not go back.

Aeropress really brings out some unique flavors, you would otherwise not get. I would recommend buying good beans, as the experience (yes coffee should be an experience, unless you just need the hit) will be much more enjoyable.

Only drawback, is that you can only make one cup at a time.

I'd say pour over has a slight edge over Aeropress, but you will enjoy it none the less.

This is one of my favorites:

Thanks to the COVID self-distancing, I won’t have my usual coffee at work and I don’t have a coffee maker at home. A friend of mine recommended an Aeropress for some amazing iced coffee. I’m now an owner of an Aeropress and it should arrive in a few days. I’m bad with peer pressure:LOL:.

Anyone have a good experience with these? Does anyone have any coffee recommendations?
I’m a medium to dark roast kind of guy and usually take my coffee black.
I will be using this time for some fun experimentation.
Looking forward to your feedback. My wife loves coffee in kind of the same roast categories as you, minus the black. I might need to look into this for her.
P.S. - Not even sure how you get black coffee to go down. *shudder*

Looking forward to your feedback. My wife loves coffee in kind of the same roast categories as you, minus the black. I might need to look into this for her.

It takes a special kind of masochist. You have to accept that you're drinking the coffee as punishment for not sleeping enough.....or is that just me?

Make sure to try these guys!

1584448562181.png

It takes a special kind of masochist. You have to accept that you're drinking the coffee as punishment for not sleeping enough.....or is that just me?

I’m also the kind of guy who enjoys 80% cocoa dark chocolate. If it’s good coffee, it tastes amazing on its own!

Aeropress is fantastic, you may not go back.

Aeropress really brings out some unique flavors, you would otherwise not get. I would recommend buying good beans, as the experience (yes coffee should be an experience, unless you just need the hit) will be much more enjoyable.

Only drawback, is that you can only make one cup at a time.

I'd say pour over has a slight edge over Aeropress, but you will enjoy it none the less.

This is one of my favorites:

That’s one thing I like about the Aeropress. I usually only drink one cup of coffee in the morning but that’s on a daily basis!

I enjoy my aero press! I feel like there’s a few ways to “do it” but you really can go wrong. You can make it too strong but you can add water and make it like an americano

I enjoy my aero press! I feel like there’s a few ways to “do it” but you really can go wrong. You can make it too strong but you can add water and make it like an americano

That’s the route I planned on going. maybe add a little almond milk or cinnamon to it for something different.

Due to Amazon stopping shipments of anything non-medical, I would have not received my Aeropress until April 5 or later.

Ordered canceled.
All hope is lost (not really).

ANOTHER UPDATE!

Wal-Mart might have saved my sanity during these trying times.
Hoping to see my ordered status change to "order shipped" soon!

Got some ground coffee for my first try with the Aeropress. Going with the inverted route and it was awesome!!! It’s not too bad once you get the hang of it. Definitely needed to do some trial and error for myself but it made the best cold brew I’ve had.

I’ve been using a Rok espresso maker paired with a good burr grinder for 7 years. It makes fabulous coffee.

1584839107964.jpeg

That thing is crazy. Never seen it before! I need to look into that.
I think there are multiple versions out there. The only time it’s a pain is when you have house guests and they all want you to make them some.

We've had an Aeropress on our boat for several years. It makes great coffee. Nothing better than a fresh cup from the Aeropress in the morning, especially sitting at anchor in a small cove up in B.C.' Desolation Sound.

I have had an areopress for years, and it’s not often used. I think it makes fine coffee, but find it to be somewhat messy to use. When I do use it (and will do so again tomorrow morning based on this thread) I use the inverted method. But the process of wetting the filter and loading it and so on seems like a ton of work compared to a french press. Truth be told, I make Cuban coffee out of a Moka pot these days when I make coffee at home. When I want to make cold brew, I use the mason jar/screen method. When I make American coffee, I use a single cup french press.

We've had an Aeropress on our boat for several years. It makes great coffee. Nothing better than a fresh cup from the Aeropress in the morning, especially sitting at anchor in a small cove up in B.C.' Desolation Sound.

That sounds awesome!

I have had an areopress for years, and it’s not often used. I think it makes fine coffee, but find it to be somewhat messy to use. When I do use it (and will do so again tomorrow morning based on this thread) I use the inverted method. But the process of wetting the filter and loading it and so on seems like a ton of work compared to a french press. Truth be told, I make Cuban coffee out of a Moka pot these days when I make coffee at home. When I want to make cold brew, I use the mason jar/screen method. When I make American coffee, I use a single cup french press.

The inverted method is the best way I’ve tried it. I’ve never heard of a Moka pot before! Now I have something else to research!

This was a fun change to my morning routine. Thanks @mjkladis for reminding me this was a thing.

27CCE5C5-2340-4583-A1C8-F262D300C5F1.jpeg

Ooooo now I want one.. been disappointed in the standard coffee my ninja makes, only the 8oz cafe forte version is satisfying me now and it requires 2 full scoops 5tbsp for 8oz pour. Plus their specialty cappuccino is not ideal either

We have a Moka but don’t use it often. Not 100% sure why we don’t though. Aero press is easier to clean

We love our aeropress. My wife doesn't like how strong I make coffee in my brewer so she makes her two cups every morning with the AeroPress. We both use it to make an afternoon cup each. It's super easy and makes great coffee. We actually have two so my wife can take one with her when she travels for work.

She makes hers according to the directions. One change I make is that I pour all of the water thru the grounds. I just have to fill the container one extra time while it's dripping. I then press. For me, it makes a stronger cup which I prefer.

Back