Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve Wedge shafts

alistaird

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Larger...
Hi All

Has anyone tried these shafts and have any thoughts on how they compare to FCs and FC CWs?

Thanks A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

No but will be interested in the responses since I am currently looking for a couple of graphite wedge shafts.

I didn’t go private reserve, but I put 125cw s flex in me 54 and 60 wedges. So far I am liking it.

I didn’t go private reserve, but I put 125cw s flex in me 54 and 60 wedges. So far I am liking it.

Thanks - I have a FC90CW in my PM Grind 60 and like it so far, just wondering about trying the Private Reserve in a 56....

A

No but will be interested in the responses since I am currently looking for a couple of graphite wedge shafts.

Same situation so looking forward to responses.

I play sf i110 shafts in my wedges now. I like. Reading the info these wedge shafts should have more spin. I play i95 shafts in irons. From their recommendation (website info), I would play pr i105 wedge shafts. I would try these for sure. Maybe next wedge purchase.

thinking about putting the 130's in my 56 and 60.

I went with graphite in my irons so looking for try some new graphite in wedges

received a 120g yesterday for my 50* and 2 130g for 56 and 60. Dropping them off at PGA to get installed and hopefully can hit them this weekend

These shafts are supposed to be "spinner" shafts with low launch/high spin so ill compare them to my Jaws Raw set with $-Taper 130 shafts

Im trying to go all graphite this year so that was my reason for searching out a graphite wedge shaft but my gamer KBS TGI 110 are a little light for touch shots around the green

received a 120g yesterday for my 50* and 2 130g for 56 and 60. Dropping them off at PGA to get installed and hopefully can hit them this weekend

These shafts are supposed to be "spinner" shafts with low launch/high spin so ill compare them to my Jaws Raw set with $-Taper 130 shafts

Im trying to go all graphite this year so that was my reason for searching out a graphite wedge shaft but my gamer KBS TGI 110 are a little light for touch shots around the green
Looking forward to your report….

A

Did not get a chance to test these indoors yet but these are probably the coolest looking shaftsIMG_4230.jpegIMG_4231.jpegIMG_4223.jpeg

I'm sold, who cares how they perform!!!

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
I played sunday but it was in 25mph wind so I couldnt take much away from it. Lots of shots youre standing over the ball and getting blown around by the wind

tried full swinging my 60* twice, which I never do, and thinned it horribly.

Awesome! I went with the exact same grips for mine....also did the black/gold boilermaker BB&F ferrules to round it out.

I think they are great shafts and won't be surprised if you end up really liking them once you get used to the feel.

Ah dang I didn’t even think to go with those. Ended up with these ferrules

Looks like this weekend I should be able to hit them more extensively indoors. Mainly wanna compare them to my other wet with $-taper 130s which have been awesome for meIMG_4232.jpeg

tried full swinging my 60* twice, which I never do, and thinned it horribly.

So they perform as well as my current shafts - Yeah!!!

A

Ah dang I didn’t even think to go with those. Ended up with these ferrules

Looks like this weekend I should be able to hit them more extensively indoors. Mainly wanna compare them to my other wet with $-taper 130s which have been awesome for meView attachment 9246932
Oh nice! Those are sweet! Match up nicely with the satin wedges (love the TW grind MGs by the way).

early feedback is....... i need more time still. Hit indoors at the simulator yesterday and cant really gauge what i feel yet. What i did find strange is the combo of brand new MG4 wedges w/ the steelfiber "spinner" shafts had the same spin, actually about 200rpms less, than year old Jaws Raw wedges with $Taper 130.

I do think i made more clean contact with the Jaws Raw and $-Taper setup so i dont want to jump to conclusions just yet.

Back