Affordable Golf Communities

Joe Navy

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
I will retire from the Navy next year, and brainstorming ideas for my post-Navy life. While researching golf communities, it seems most either cater to the wealthy (million dollar homes) or 55 and over crowd. So, what's out there for a couple in their 40's, with no kids, that want to live in an exclusive community on a craft beer budget?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What part of the country are you looking to live in? I might consider the Pinehurst area.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I will retire from the Navy next year, and brainstorming ideas for my post-Navy life. While researching golf communities, it seems most either cater to the wealthy (million dollar homes) or 55 and over crowd. So, what's out there for a couple in their 40's, with no kids, that want to live in an exclusive community on a craft beer budget?

Down here in Florida there are golf communities for all types, from courses surrounded by manufactured homes, to the multi million homes you spoke of. It all just depends on what you want

What part of the country are you looking to live in? I might consider the Pinehurst area.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Leaning more toward west coast, or west of the Mississippi, but will consider all options.

National Village in Auburn Alabama has houses from the 270s - 500s surrounded by RTJ Grand National. Cost of living is cheap and you can join the RTJ Trail for 140/month and play any of the courses on the trail for just a cart fee. There is also Timberline near Birmingham but cost is a tad bit more and you only get one course.
5b9505733bb059fce1b752086bdb1226.jpg

As a bonus Alabama does not tax military retirement, many many military retirees come here

Last edited:
Back