JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you hang out with your group for food or drinks? Bolt to get home? Grind at the range? What is your plan post round?

We'll usually hang out in the clubhouse for a beer or two, settle up, talk for a bit, and head home. There's a decent contingent of us who are in the clubhouse for up to an hour or so after the final group comes in.

Hang out with the group for drinks/lunch in the dining room at the club.

Depends on the day and which course. When I am at home course I will stick around and chat/eat or have a drink. If in Wichita with @shanewu I'm heading out immediately because of the long drive.

usually bolt to get home. sometimes i'll go to the range if i have some extra time, and/or if i'm not happy with how the round went.

Usually go home and make myself a nice tall whisky and lemonade. Then I will fire up the grill and have another tall one.

Eat at the grille if the time is right. Otherwise, head home.

Depends on the round but after Saturday/Sunday skins most everyone sticks around for a little while. We settle up the games, have a few drinks, recap the round, and tell stories. Sometimes we are out of there after an hour and others we are there for several hours.

It depends. for League...we try to hang around a bit for food and laughs. if it's just a regular round then a lot of time we just he'd back to reality.

Depends on the day obviously but I'm usually up for a post round snack or beverage if anyone is looking to hang out afterwards. Distance from my house to the course is also a consideration. The longer the drive, the less inclined I am to linger for too long.

Used to be all for drinks/meal after the round.
Now with kids, and usually our rounds taking longer than they should, we usually keep it brief. A couple minutes to talk and then on the road home again.

I play solo 90% of the time and I will admit to typically bolting. Wife and kids at him and guilt to get home drives me to take off. There are times I will hang out, or go grind a bit. But the usual M.O. is to pack up and leave.. It makes it easier when I show up solo as well.

If it’s not my home or my parents’ course, I typically head out after the round. Otherwise, I’ll stay and practice about half the time and stick around for drinks a quarter of the time.

When I play with others we’ll usually sit around outside and enjoy a beverage afterward. Nice time to catch up or talk about the round.

I'm always happy to grab some food and some beers after a round! Especially since I rarely drink during a round. Doesn't always happen, but if the group I'm with wants to, that's definitely my preference!

Most times we will grab a drink and or food on the deck overlooking the 18th green and first tee. It is a great spot because it is covered from the sun and elements.

Never practice (unfortunately), but willing to buy my group a round if I get any skins/greenies!

Usually hangout in the men's room or bar area after and share a few pitchers of beer with the guys.

Do you hang out with your group for food or drinks? Bolt to get home? Grind at the range? What is your plan post round?

All of the above. It depends on the day and what I have planned. Most common is hit a few balls on the range and then go home

Hang out for food and beer with my mates. Don’t think I’ve ever hit the range after a round of golf in my life.

I usually pack up and head out. 18 holes eats up enough time that I can’t justify hanging around any longer. If I were a member of a club, I am sure it would be different.

My house is right next to hole 17 so I usually am home when I finish.

Usually hang out with the group for at least a drink and maybe lunch if it is that time of day. I enjoy the post round banter. I don't really grind post round like I used to when I was younger. If I am walking and carrying my bag I can be tired post round.

Back