Grab a Tito's or Summer Shandy and settle up the round

I've never gone to the range after 🤷🏼‍♂️

Saturday and Sunday our group hangs out post round at the bar for drinks and something to eat. No hurry to get home my wife golfs a little later with her group on Saturdays and our daughter tends bar including weekend mornings so I like hanging out when she is there as well (great job for a College kid). Friends with the groups coming in after us (we go out at 700am sat and sun ) and we just have a great time and its part of the fun of belonging to a club. Mens league Thursday and most guys stay for drinks and dinner. New ownership group and they have improved everything about the restaurant and bar to the point it is very good and im glad to see members supporting the club. They have added live music Wednesday and Saturday nights and people are now either staying or going up for drinks. Really enjoy the Club.

Maybe a quarter of the time I'll have out and have a beverage after the round but for the most part I head home afterward. Our rounds tend to be really long and it's tough to justify hanging out even longer when I'm away from the family so long already.

Can be any of the above. Some times I got stuff to do, some times the "round Is taking forever" .. depends on how close I am to him too.. if I drive further I like I refuel before sitting in the car again

Depends. Pretty much need to hang out a bit to settle everything up after skins groups and regular rounds with buds anyway so might as well get a bite and a drink. Usually on the road pretty quick after one our regional senior association events though. Rounds take longer than they should, payouts aren't until the following event, and drive home can be an hour or two.

Try to have lunch and a beverage or 2 whenever possible.

Usually try to stick around for a drink and maybe something to eat.

Just depends. With family/friends, post round time spent in the 19th is a good thing. Maybe we will go to another eatery.

As a solo I might practice something, go run some errands, or just go home.

I’m a huge believer in the 19th hole. Relax, cool off, joke about our game and watch some tc. Often a few drinks and if it’s meal time, definitely a meal.

I prefer the round where I can socialize a bit and unwind after without rushing home and getting back into the daily grind.

i play solo and at a different course everyday. i head home, let the dog out and if warm out, jump on a pool lounge with a cold beer and replay the round in my head. If not warm, will usually work out or do speed stick training.

Use to go to the clubhouse for a beer and food, then Covid hit, now we just go home.

Head home. I’m already playing with borrowed time nowadays as it is.

Unfortunately I play most of my rounds in the early morning during the week and I have to get to work asap. I am not a great employee the rest of the day.

Usually load up and head home.

Completely dependent on the individual situations. Weekdays it's mostly back to work, maybe lunch first. Weekday evening, .. how hungry are we? How hot was it? Weekends depends on the group, if we went out beforehand, etc. All options are generally available without prior obligation. Except the range. Eff that. Lol

Last edited:
It really all depends. I do like to chill in the clubhouse for a beverage or 2 but it's all dependent on what's going on.

Pretty set in stone routine after a round:
1: talk to a few minutes
2: work on my chipping for a few min of I have time
3: buy something to eat from Arby’s
4: Turn on prerecorded PGA tour(hate commercials) and eat
5: take a 1-2 hour post golf nap

Unless playing in a money game with a big group, I load up my trunk and head for home. If playing with that group, I will drink a beer while we are settling up.

Every other Saturday, I like to indulge in a post round massage.

Highly dependent. If I'm sneaking out for a quick 18 solo then as soon as the round is over I'm headed back thankful to have played. If I'm playing with friends that means I've negotiated with the Mrs so it's all time dependent. If I agreed to be home by a certain time I'll be home at that time unless the round itself took longer than expected. If it's open ended and I don't have a set time I'm 100% grabbing some drinks and food. I will say I've never headed to the range after a round.

Do you hang out with your group for food or drinks? Bolt to get home? Grind at the range? What is your plan post round?
I do all three depending on the day/situation.

Most days if I'm playing solo or get paired with some randoms, I'll bolt home. If I'm playing with friends, I'll usually stick around and have a drink and some wings or a burger. If I really struggled with a certain aspect of the game, I'll hit the range/practice area and try to work on something to get me re-railed onto the right track. I know I won't solve the problem but I like to pick something simple and find a feel that I can remember to work on for my next range/short game/putting session.

Back