Aftermarket shafts

cnl390

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am thinking about going to my fitter to see if I can find an aftermarket shaft (currently playing a G430 SFT w/Tensei Orange 55R) that will help tighten up my dispersion. Is there anything good in the $200 price range?

I am thinking about going to my fitter to see if I can find an aftermarket shaft (currently playing a G430 SFT w/Tensei Orange 55R) that will help tighten up my dispersion. Is there anything good in the $200 price range?
Well, what tightens up dispersion for one person, doesn't do that for another. That's why you need the fitting. No one can tell you that one shaft will do better than another.

In the $200 range, nothing is going to be much better than that Tensei from a purely shaft quality perspective.

It could be you just need a stiffer shaft. It could be the same shaft trimmed.

You might find Project X or Diamana ends up the best suited for you at $100. Then again, it might end up a Tour AD Blue at $400.

Well, what tightens up dispersion for one person, doesn't do that for another. That's why you need the fitting. No one can tell you that one shaft will do better than another.

In the $200 range, nothing is going to be much better than that Tensei from a purely shaft quality perspective.

It could be you just need a stiffer shaft. It could be the same shaft trimmed.

You might find Project X or Diamana ends up the best suited for you at $100. Then again, it might end up a Tour AD Blue at $400.
I should have been a little more clear. I wasn't inquiring about particular shafts. But in general are there any good brands of shafts that fall into that price range.

I should have been a little more clear. I wasn't inquiring about particular shafts. But in general are there any good brands of shafts that fall into that price range.
Upcharge with a new driver purchase there's a lot of good option. Solo after the fact is a bit tougher at that price. Where are you going to get fit?

get fit and tell them going in what kind of budget you are dealing with. There's a ton of options in the $200 range, and also a lot of shafts in the $100 range as well. My fitter showed me that the standard fitter grade Fujikura Vista Pro performed just as well as a Ventus for my swing and ability.

Upcharge with a new driver purchase there's a lot of good option. Solo after the fact is a bit tougher at that price. Where are you going to get fit?
MK Golf Technologies, San Antonio

MK Golf Technologies, San Antonio
Nice. They've got lots of options. To me it's worth whatever money you want to spend just to know if the one you're using is hurting you out there, and if there's one or some better suited. After that the choice is yours on what you think is a good value or worth it to you. And then if they'll help you out at all to find the right value. Love to hear the results you get and what they suggest for you when you're done.

I'm confused! Is that not what I provided? Project X is a brand. Diamana is Mitsubishi for the "brand".

I guess to answer your general question: Every "good" brand has shafts in the $200 range or less or more.

Get fit for the best shaft, then look on the used market. I've purchased several $350-$400 shaft for <$150

I'm confused! Is that not what I provided? Project X is a brand. Diamana is Mitsubishi for the "brand".

I guess to answer your general question: Every "good" brand has shafts in the $200 range or less or more.
Thanks. I don't know that much about shafts. But

Oops. I thought Project X and Diamana were individual shafts.

Haven't tried Fujikura Velacore so can't say much about them but I have tried several Diamana Shafts and several UST Lin-Q M40X shaft.

Depending on what launch you want you should give UST Lin-Q M40X Shaft a try. They are extremely smooth and stable shaft despite high torque rating. Normally they are over $300 but sometimes you can find a deal for around $200 or less for new uncut shaft.

Diamana is also smooth and stable shaft too but something about Lin-Q M40X just give that stability/stableness til the end.

If you want a budget shaft that is well built and can perform well, you should give UST Element SHAFT (Earth, Fire, Wind, Chrome-depending on what type of launch you want). You can get them for $50 or less in eBay. For the price, it's extremely well made shaft and even though it came out about 10 years ago, can go toe to toe with Shafts that are made recent.

Update.... Tried several different shafts at my fitting this afternoon. Settled on a Ventas TR Red 6R. Dispersion is much better and backspin a little lower at 2761.

Update.... Tried several different shafts at my fitting this afternoon. Settled on a Ventas TR Red 6R. Dispersion is much better and backspin a little lower at 2761.
Nice! And fancy. And unique. Don't see a lot of TR Red 6R out there. Glad it worked out well for you!

Back