Age Limit For Flat Brim?

What if I think you look like a fool in khaki's?

Some of you are so terribly judgmental - I think a few of you need a little perspective on what the heck is really important in life.

The guy asked for opinions and we are giving them. What would these forums be without them?

Yes, there's definitely an age limit. Even cool things have an expiration date. 40 year old guy trying to dress like he's 20 and going to the club. 30 year old women who still think they can pull off mini-skirts. 20 somethings who still wear their HS gear (i.e., letter man's jacket). Grown men that wear NFL football jerseys. Flat brimmed golf hats. True, there's always an exception to the rule, some person that can pull it off. But that's the exception. The rest of us can't and shouldn't try.

I agree, some of those 30 something gang bangers I've seen being cuffed on Cops are actually pulling off the backwards flat-bill nicely!

The guy asked for opinions and we are giving them. What would these forums be without them?

And I'm just letting you know that my opinion is that your opinion is rather silly and petty. That's all!

And goodness, I can't even wear a football jersey now? I wear one to every Steelers game - is that acceptable?

I'm going to need a permission slip just to dress myself in the mornings.

I agree SP. Silly that others are so judgemental of other's dress (I get that it's probably different in some situations like a buisness setting or something).

And I'm just letting you know that my opinion is that your opinion is rather silly and petty. That's all!

And goodness, I can't even wear a football jersey now? I wear one to every Steelers game - is that acceptable?

I'm going to need a permission slip just to dress myself in the mornings.

Ask your spouse, she or he will tell you the truth probably.

Ask your spouse, she or he will tell you the truth probably.

My girlfriend hates the way I dress. She tells me all the time. If it were up to her I'd have on some awful tie with fish on it, some ugly pastel dress shirt, a pair of chino's and some frilly loafers or something like that. But she deals with it.

I don't even really wear flat brim hats. I just think it's silly to judge a person on what they wear.

Steel President - Go STEELERS! Other than my Manning jersey, they are the only ones to dawn this manly back! Did I mention, Go STEELERS!

Sorry for the outburst, you may now resume the previous topic...

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

Steel President - Go STEELERS! Other than my Manning jersey, they are the only ones to dawn this manly back! Did I mention, Go STEELERS!

Sorry for the outburst, you may now resume the previous topic...

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

Yep, rep worthy in my book!

My girlfriend hates the way I dress. She tells me all the time. If it were up to her I'd have on some awful tie with fish on it, some ugly pastel dress shirt, a pair of chino's and some frilly loafers or something like that. But she deals with it.

I don't even really wear flat brim hats. I just think it's silly to judge a person on what they wear.

Again just my opinion, respect her style taste because she just wants you to look your age.

No age limit for the flat bill and no age limit for khakis not everyone looks good with either of them wear what you want it's a hat on a golf course it's not sweat pants for an interview completly different.

Again just my opinion, respect her style taste because she just wants you to look your age.

I'm 22!!! How on earth could that possibly be 'looking my age'? What exactly does that even mean?

I wear a suit when I go to interviews. I will dress professionally every day this fall when I start my career. However, I'll continue to wear whatever the heck I want on the golf course and in my day-to-day life. And, in my opinion, I'm dressing my age.

It's just a number, dude. I'm not going to let a number define how I live my life.

I'm 22!!! How on earth could that possibly be 'looking my age'? What exactly does that even mean?

I wear a suit when I go to interviews. I will dress professionally every day this fall when I start my career. However, I'll continue to wear whatever the heck I want on the golf course and in my day-to-day life. And, in my opinion, I'm dressing my age.

It's just a number, dude. I'm not going to let a number define how I live my life.

Bud you are the one who said she told you all the time, you are asking the wrong person. This was all about flat brim caps and you've turn it into something different all together.

Bud you are the one who said she told you all the time, you are asking the wrong person.

She's still with me though so obviously she doesn't judge me by what I'm wearing. You told me I should respect her style because she just wants me to 'dress my age'. I think you need to bite off a piece of your own advice and show a little more respect for what others choose to wear.

This world would be so boring if some people ran the show.

You're right Steel... I never dressed like anyone wanted me to except at work and then I pushed it a bit for individuality sake. I dress like I want on the golf course too... I'm a 56 yr old clumsy tomboy. I'd look and feel ridiculous in the little golf skirts and floral print shirts (though cookie looked fabulous). I don't have the body for it nor the interest.

My compromise... Nice cargo shorts to the knee and nice neat v-neck tshirts, plus what ever cap i grab as i leave the house. That's as close to "golf apparel" as I'll ever get.

Be yourself...

I respect everyone, but I will also laugh with 90% of the folks around when the "foolish" looking one's show up at the course. We have boring lives, please keep entertaining us.

I respect everyone, but I will also laugh with 90% of the folks around when the "foolish" looking one's show up at the course. We have boring lives, please keep entertaining us.

You have at it. I'll just feel bad for you.

You're right Steel... I never dressed like anyone wanted me to except at work and then I pushed it a bit for individuality sake. I dress like I want on the golf course too... Heck, you met me. I'm a 56 yr old clumsy tomboy. I'd look and feel ridiculous in the little golf skirts and floral print shirts (though cookie looked fabulous). I don't have the body for it nor the interest.

My compromise... Nice cargo shorts to the knee and nice neat v-neck tshirts, plus what ever cap i grab as i leave the house. That's as close to "golf apparel" as I'll ever get.

Be yourself...

What you wear is normal, thats good for your style and works for most people.

I respect everybody's right to wear whatever they want. As long as they respect my right not to like what they are wearing. But that doesn't mean somebody shouldn't dress the way they want just because I don't like it.

I feel you man. My partner does the same thing. Wants me to get around in a nice knitted vest and shirt all the time but it's just not me.

Good example of how appearances affect people's perception. I used to have a massive beard and longish hair. Looked like a bikie. People would avoid eye contact and parents would usher their kids away. Then I shaved it off. The same people treated me as a young person (must have been my boyish good looks) but they spoke down to me. Now I have a well groomed professional beard and I get spoken to like an adult. I was the same person every time.

I'm at a loss to read here so many that are offended by basic human nature. We compare ourselves to others, consciously or subconsciously. Perhaps a primitive survival mechanism, we instinctively size up "the competition." Intellectually, one can opt not to do just that but the assumption that others should or would follow suit is naive.

Sure it would be nice if people wouldn't judge, it would also be nice if sharks didn't take bites out of surfers. But being that both are simply guided by their nature, what's the big deal?

I judge what you wear, you judge people. As your number gets higher maybe you'll understand "dude"

Oh, I'm sorry. How silly of me to think that judging what I wear = judging me.

You just don't get it - I really refrain from making judgments. I'm all for someone doing their own thing and expressing themselves in whatever unique way that may be. Want to dress like a business professional every day? Have at it. Enjoy. Enjoy bright, zany colors? Awesome. Are khaki's and a polo your thing? Rock on. I really don't care. It doesn't define an individual. And how I act/what I wear shouldn't be defined by my year of birth.

Dude.

lol @ this thread.

I respect everybody's right to wear whatever they want. As long as they respect my right not to like what they are wearing. But that doesn't mean somebody shouldn't dress the way they want just because I don't like it.

I agree, but at the same time I think people should know that some folks just might be laughing at your attire. It happens more than you think. While saying this remember I'm in the deep south, we are more laid back and boring down here. If you have watched tv much you'll see all we do is build duck calls, catch alligators and watch a little college football.

Reactions: DB
I think when you're laughing at others you're the real loser in the situation, not the one you're laughing at.

But you can't curve the brim of laughing at others, nor can you keep it flat for that matter. So that's off topic. I don't wear flat brims ever. Maybe I should get one. I think I'd rock it hard.

Back