Age Limit For Flat Brim?

And no more hat backwards stuff after 30 either dude! haha

This is truth. I only have 1 more year and then I am done with flat brims.

And no more hat backwards stuff after 30 either dude! haha

Oh come on Thanks1974! You are killing me! What about my skull and crossbones clover belt buckle? If you say no, that is a deal breaker.

No that's cool and age agnostic

Oh come on Thanks1974! You are killing me! What about my skull and crossbones clover belt buckle? If you say no, that is a deal breaker.

IMO, once youre over the age of 25 its time to grow up, put on your big boy clothes and move on. If youre over that age and just cant seem to let go of the clothes you wore as a teenagers, thats cool, just dont get upset when people's first impression of you is that youre a loser.

So what are big boy clothes? Shirt and tie? Check got that (about 40 shirts and 50 ties). Suits? (3 or 4 of those too) Check got those too. Nice collared shirts and shorts? Check. But if you seen me out with a maybe a pair of cargo shorts, a fitted but not to tight v-neck tee and backwards hat, I'm not grown up because I want to let loose a little when I'm not at work?

It's all good playdough- haters gonna hate! I look forward to seeing more puma, pants, and flat brims from you next year!

It's all good playdough- haters gonna hate! I look forward to seeing more puma, pants, and flat brims from you next year!

Certainly will. Might bust out some blacks, grays, and purples next year, just need to see what the color styles are "in".

You guys are confusing personal style preferences with old(er) people wearing certain clothing options that scream youth. Two different topics.

So what are big boy clothes? Shirt and tie? Check got that (about 40 shirts and 50 ties). Suits? (3 or 4 of those too) Check got those too. Nice collared shirts and shorts? Check. But if you seen me out with a maybe a pair of cargo shorts, a fitted but not to tight v-neck tee and backwards hat, I'm not grown up because I want to let loose a little when I'm not at work?
Pretty much. That falls under the category of age appropriate clothes. If youre over 30 and you still wear you're hat backwards, its time to grow up. Like I said, if you want to wear that stuff, thats cool but dont get all upset when people pass judgement over you.
It would be no different than if you were to show up at the bar in a flannel shirt, jeans, work boots and a John Deere hat and got all upset when people thought you were a redneck. When you choose the clothes you choose the perception.

You guys are confusing personal style preferences with old(er) people wearing certain clothing options that scream youth. Two different topics.
Exactly. Age appropriate clothes.

My only beef with flat brims is that I hate how they fit. But hey, if they work well for the 40-something next to me,
good for that guy.

Pretty much. That falls under the category of age appropriate clothes. If youre over 30 and you still wear you're hat backwards, its time to grow up. Like I said, if you want to wear that stuff, thats cool but dont get all upset when people pass judgement over you.
It would be no different than if you were to show up at the bar in a flannel shirt, jeans, work boots and a John Deere hat and got all upset when people thought you were a redneck. When you choose the clothes you choose the perception.

Ok thanks for confirming for me when I'm 65 I need to be wearing odd color plaid shirts, too short Sans-a-belt slacks, tube socks, and odd looking velcro shoes...since thats age appropriate. And I don't care what you or anything else thinks about how I look or that I might be dress "outside my age". I'm perfectly comfortable in how I dress and feel that its right at what I should wear for how I feel. I think people in the world need to get past age, its a number that tells you how long someone has been a live, not how they should dress or base their life around.

I very much like wearing slacks and dress pants with button down shirts. Is that dressing over my age (I'm 18)? What is your perception of me then?

I very much like wearing slacks and dress pants with button down shirts. Is that dressing over my age (I'm 18)? What is your perception of me then?

That your a sharp dresser.

I'm the same, D. Chinos are my favorite kind of pants.

I'm the same, D. Chinos are my favorite kind of pants.

So comfy. With a nice silk button down shirt with the top few unbuttoned, money.

Yeah, it's cool. I want a few, but it is so humid here, cotton breaths a little better.
Only have two. They're my pride and joy. Other than my clubs. Haha.

Yeah, it's cool. I want a few, but it is so humid here, cotton breaths a little better.

Makes sense. Won't be wearing them much, if at all, at Clemson.

That your a sharp dresser.

Lol. Don't let them get to you. Some people will judge but they usually hate their own life anyway. I'm going to make sure all my vids are of me with a backwards hat now.

Lol. Don't let them get to you. Some people will judge but they usually hate their own life anyway. I'm going to make sure all my vids are of me with a backwards hat now.

Or you could go with the sideways brim... That'll be equally irritating ;)

Back