Age Limit For Flat Brim?

I still think that all the fads look silly. The flat brim hats, loud colors, and white belts with gaudy buckles look silly.

I played with a few guys a few months back at TPC Scottsdale. One of the guys shows up rocking bright white pants, a blue belt buckle, a blue polo shirt and everything screamed "this guy must be a pro as he is dressing the part" and a full staff bag with the latest and greatest equipment. The forecaddie was busting his butt from the get go calling him "spiffy". The guy played terribly. He should have spent the money from his outfit for some lessons....

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against it, but I didn't see too many guys running around with knickers when Payne Stewart was wearing them in the 90's...

They are just that, a fad. If you need to wear them to make yourself feel great, no matter your age, that's fine. Just realize that a vast majority of the public wouldn't wear it for a reason. You don't see me having a mullet!

20 years old seems max to me. Then you gotta switch to a visor, IMO

It's not how old you actually are, just when you feel too old to wear it.

If you look good in a Flat Brim, wear it. No matter what age. Hell, Butch Harmon wears one and looks pretty damn good in it.

Spike Lee wears them.....Jay-Z wears them......they're getting up there, especially Spike.

This thread is WAY beyond ridiculous now. Just when you think its died...BAM...more ridiculousness!

This thread is WAY beyond ridiculous now. Just when you think its died...BAM...more ridiculousness!

Soon it'll get locked just like the cargo shorts thread I started. I never thought I had to wear something specific or else I'll be looking ridiculous.

The "player look" is just downright laughable in this thread. It just makes me wonder if you were paired up with Rickie and he dressed in a "player look" or if Phil mickelson wore what RF does and you were paired with him. Would you say something? Or would you just watch them play? My point is that I'm completely over the "age" that one can pull off a flat brim hat. If you like it, wear it. You don't need "game" and wear something specific. Makes me laugh when someone on here says "he was wearing jeans on a golf course"

what's laughable to me is worrying about what hat you're wearing more than you worry about your actual game

it's a game... not a fashion show, right?

Normally JMan I'd agree but I like this topic for some reason :) As long as everyone keeps it to the topic.

lefty, in some instances yes... but I also think for a lot of people their golf fashion is as much a part of their game as their swing or equipment.

Normally JMan I'd agree but I like this topic for some reason :) As long as everyone keeps it to the topic.

lefty, in some instances yes... but I also think for a lot of people their golf fashion is as much a part of their game as their swing or equipment.

Dude, I love it. I sit, read, and laugh. Its freaking awesome. Seriously.

Dude, I love it. I sit, read, and laugh. Its freaking awesome. Seriously.

Me too!! As long as people don't get nasty I'm all for it. Love a lively debate. it's what really I love about this site other than the people. The debates and discussions that can come from these threads is invaluable.

Me too!! As long as people don't get nasty I'm all for it. Love a lively debate. it's what really I love about this site other than the people. The debates and discussions that can come from these threads is invaluable.

Exactly, when everyone understands that others don't have to agree with them and don't get hateful about it.

Give me a thread of that, like this, with an adult beverage and I'm a happy camper dude.

Exactly, when everyone understands that others don't have to agree with them and don't get hateful about it.

Give me a thread of that, like this, with an adult beverage and I'm a happy camper dude.

This thread inspire me. I make all pics with my hat backwards haha.

what's laughable to me is worrying about what hat you're wearing more than you worry about your actual game

True, though your style speaks a lot about you as a person, IMO. I like to look good on the course.

Got to be under 25 to pull off the flat brim. Only thugs and outlaws wear their hats backwards. IMO. What is the age limit for tucking your shirt?

I'm not reading all 11 pages, but I'll at my 2 cents: 1-If you're happy wearing something, wear it. 2-Flat brimmed hats are absurd; just as bad as keeping the sticker on them. I'm young enough that many of my friends wore/wear flats and stickers, and I made fun of them mercilessly. And because they had character, they took it a returned serve just fine. You might as well wear uggs with sweatpants or other sillyness. You wear them, I'll poke you for it, but won't think less of you for it.

Got to be under 25 to pull off the flat brim. Only thugs and outlaws and Tmex wear their hats backwards. IMO. What is the age limit for tucking your shirt?

Fify. I don't think Tmex fits into the other catagories. Maybe he does... Lol.

Got to be under 25 to pull off the flat brim. Only thugs and outlaws wear their hats backwards. IMO. What is the age limit for tucking your shirt?

So you have to wear the flat brim backwards?

Awesome, I'm a thug outlaw school teacher then.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, I'm a thug outlaw school teacher then.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman, think you could hook a brotha up?

In all seriousness, golf style is about keeping it personal. I do think there are rules to style, for example, no flat brim with something like JL, but if it suits the rest of the outfit and the person wearing it feels good, that's all that matters.

True, though your style speaks a lot about you as a person, IMO. I like to look good on the course.

but don't people try to look good for a purpose? Like to try and attract a woman, or to help portray professionalism in a job seeking environment

I can't imagine hanging out with a few of my guy buddies and having the conversation turn to "Wow, that is such a sweet belt/hat/shoes, where did you get it"
It's probably the muni golfer in me I guess. I'm not dressing up or changing to go to the course.

to each his own with provolone, I guess as long as it's bringing someone enjoyment it's a good thing.

but don't people try to look good for a purpose? Like to try and attract a woman, or to help portray professionalism in a job seeking environment

I can't imagine hanging out with a few of my guy buddies and having the conversation turn to "Wow, that is such a sweet belt/hat/shoes, where did you get it"
It's probably the muni golfer in me I guess. I'm not dressing up or changing to go to the course.

to each his own with provolone, I guess as long as it's bringing someone enjoyment it's a good thing.

haha I hang out in that group. There's a few guys who I use to work with at a course and it was always a style contest.

Sad, but to many golfers, how they look is more important than how they play.. Like the old book,, "Clothes makes the Man".. I for one loved it when the "old boys" at the Masters made Ricky turn his hat around and look professional a while ago..

Puma Hats

Puma Hats

I went to a concert yesterday and wore my orange Puma Monoline Orange flat-brimmed hat. Got some weird looks, and one guy that I knew said that it looks really weird to have a flat-brimmed hat on. (he was older) Most younger people like the hat but older folk seem to be hating on flat-brims. Anyone else get this oftern when you wear a flat-brim like my Monoline?

I don't wear flat brims. Mainly because they look silly on me because I have a big head. And I don't like the style in general.

Back