• 50-59

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

giorgiokaan

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys I saw a thread where we tell our names, why not make one with our ages and the time we have been playing golf.

I'll start off: I am 15 and have been playing for about 2 years now.

May the moderators make this into a sticky?

My name is Taylor, I am 22 years old and I have been playing golf about 5 years

Joe / 29 years old / been playing for 4 years / like long walks on the beach

I'm 25 and have been playing a little over a year.

I'm 24 and have been playing for about a year and a half.

Ill be 26 in a few weeks and I have been playing golf heavily for alittle over a year, but played on and off from elementary school to college.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm 24, soon to be 25 and have been playing golf for just over 1 year.

I'm 28, have been playing golf for 11 years.

Johnny Mojo / almost the big five Oh / since '78 - You do the math :)

J.

Just turned 31 and have been playing since I was 7. So that would make it 24 years now.

Tapaway!

I suspected that I was the old fart around here.

I'm 41. I started playing when I was 8, played until I was 17 and got pretty good. (I was a 7 handicap at 17). Then joined the military and didn't play more then once or twice a year for many years. Just started playing regularly again about a year and a half ago after about 10 years away from the game and slowly working the handicap back down. My goal is to get to single digits and keep it there.

Advice for you guys half my age - don't stop playing. I regret dropping the game for all of those years.

33 and have been playing off and on for 21 years.

29 and I jave been playing for 3 years.

posting from my S3. please excuse my spelling mistakles.

im 34 and have been playing 3 years

RoundersRob, you're still just a kid!!!:act-up:

I'm 62. Will be 63 next month. I started when I was 15. Played off and on 'till after college and life happened. Took it back up at 37 or so playing with my new father-in-law. I don't play nearly as much as I'd like, but I will retire in a few years. Then, I'll be able to play a lot more.

Brad, a month and a bit away from 33 years old, been playing since I was 6.

Only started playing on a more regular basis 4 years ago. Went from 3 rounds a summer, to about 60 to 80 rounds a year.

I'm 18 and have been playing for 4 years.

Hey I'm Mr. Satchmo, I've been playing for 1 and a half years and I am 21

( My name is Uriel By the way hence the leiruagetro haha)

Turning 47 in two weeks playing for 7 . Trying to score lower than my age is still fun.hahaha

Hmm, I'm the oldest so far I think. Sigh. I knew this day would come.

I'm 43 and have been actively playing for a total of about 8 years but with a 20 year gap between the first 4-5 years (including a few seasons on my HS golf team) and then the last 3 or so when I got back into playing.

I second the advice to not stop!

Ken

[ Update : Apparently I'm not the oldest. I was worried there for a minute. :) ]

Last edited:
I'm 28 and I've been playing seriously for the last 3-4 years.

Multiple names, Will, Bill, Willie, Billy or Mac. Wife calls me Billy, dad calls me Willie, Mom calls me Bill, at work I was Mac for 20 yrs.. I've introduced myself as a few of them, as I've no preference... I'm so confused! ;)

44, been playing for 21 years. Never had a lesson and have been actively trying to practice in order to lower the HC for the first time ever. Currently at 3.3, unofficial.

30 and playing for 16 years.

Steve, 59, got a lesson when I was 9, started playing at 11, played all 4 years on HS golf team (shot a 67 in a HS match as a senior) and freshman year on jr. college team. Transferred to Ga Southern, where golf coach did not take walk-ons - couldn't even try out. From 19 - 24 only played a few rounds a year, then joined a club and played lots ever since. That makes 48 years.

Back