Ooo

Reaction score
Since I'm Much older than most on the forum I've noticed many differences. I'm 71. Have never called someone a dude, don't plan to. Have never said something was awesome, don't plan to. The dirty handshake got me to thinking about this post, am guilty but will do better. One poster said something about waiting until the turn, sometimes an old bladder may not make the nearest tree. If I have a bad round I am truly happy to have been able to play. Can't imagine music on the course. On some of the posts about how to play a hole I may have to lay up on a par three or hope to get to the green in three on a par four. Reality is different when you get older, especially if you start playing late in life. Can take the whole front nine to loosen up enough to play decent, can't use all your energy on the range because you need it for the round. Realize this is rambling but just putting things down as I think of them.

I love this post, GG. It is a great reminder that THP has people from all walks of life.

I'm only 32, but each year I continue playing this game, I get less competitive and more grateful. Golf is worth being enjoyed.

This was a good post to read.

Age is relative and me and ron talk about age often and our inside joke is that I am 20 years older then him, but he is actually older than me lol

I love this post, GG. It is a great reminder that THP has people from all walks of life.

I'm only 32, but each year I continue playing this game, I get less competitive and more grateful. Golf is worth being enjoyed.

Everyone marches to the beat of their own drummer

Dude, awesome post!

Seriously, though, nice post! I think the broad spectrum of members here is one of the big things that makes THP great.

This was a good post to read.

Age is relative and me and ron talk about age often and our inside joke is that I am 20 years older then him, but he is actually older than me lol
What can I say I have an old soul

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I golfed with my buddies girlfriends grandfather (if that makes sense, lol) a few times last summer, and not a word of a lie he took a pee on every hole. It doesn't bother me, and the dirty handshake doesn't bother me either. As someone who lived in Nepal for 6 months that is minor. There if you touch your hands to your face you get sick. Thus my habit is never to touch my face with my hands. And shaking someones dirty hands matters not, as I always wash my hands after a round, always which occurs soon after the handshake.

For myself, someone who is used to playing alot of sports, I've found that injuries have started to happen with more frequency since I turned 40. Its caused me to reconsider playing those sports (ball in summer, and hockey in winter), as I missed more than a month of golf due to a ball injury when I was diving for a fly ball. And in hockey broke my toe blocking a shot and had to postpone my golf lessons for around a month as well, and seem to re-injure my groin every winter.

Also with getting older, I cannot stay in shape just by playing sports like i used to, more exercise may be needed soon for no beer belly, lol.

I am old too but don't mind being called a dude, saying awesome, and music on the course. It is something the young kids enjoy and so do I to a point. With anything it can get old real fast. At 64 I still think I am young until I swing a club then everything hurts. Especially the next day. Great post GG.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sheesh! You're getting old. Only another 10 years and you'll catch me. :clown:

I am 69 approaching the big 70 in a few months. I still walk about 30% of the time. I eat well, exercise as much as possible (mostly golf) hit at least 2-3 buckets as much as possible. It's an uphill battle at this age. I live in Arizona and theirs lots of dudes here. LOL This is my warm up routine as suggested by Tiger Woods. I hit my wedges first because they are the heaviest clubs in your bags and take the slowest swing. I then hit a bucket of balls and putt a few and I am ready to play 9 or 18. By the time I finish the bucket I am hitting at least 1-2 clubs farther than when I start. I chip a lot when short of the green but all those practice wedges now make it easier to get up and down for par. ;-) I love this game, cannot help myself. I'll play until I drop.

I am 69 approaching the big 70 in a few months. I still walk about 30% of the time. I eat well, exercise as much as possible (mostly golf) hit at least 2-3 buckets as much as possible. It's an uphill battle at this age. I live in Arizona and theirs lots of dudes here. LOL This is my warm up routine as suggested by Tiger Woods. I hit my wedges first because they are the heaviest clubs in your bags and take the slowest swing. I then hit a bucket of balls and putt a few and I am ready to play 9 or 18. By the time I finish the bucket I am hitting at least 1-2 clubs farther than when I start. I chip a lot when short of the green but all those practice wedges now make it easier to get up and down for par. ;-) I love this game, cannot help myself. I'll play until I drop.
Love the Prescott courses.
I live in Tucson, but make a Prescott trip for golf every year.

Love the Prescott courses.
I live in Tucson, but make a Prescott trip for golf every year.

Let me know, if you have time and we can play.

Great post. And for the record, I'm 33 and can't wait for the turn lol. Awesome. I'm screwed when I'm 71 dude. ;)

Nothing wrong with the "dude" or "awesome", was just pointing out the generational thing. Have a sister about 60 that has "awesome" in every other sentence. Haven't got used to men with earrings yet.

Let me know, if you have time and we can play.

I was just up that way a couple weeks ago. I love Stoneridge.

I have to say... I hope I'm half as active as some of you guys are when I hit my 60's and 70's. My hat is off to you all.

Nothing wrong with the "dude" or "awesome", was just pointing out the generational thing. Have a sister about 60 that has "awesome" in every other sentence. Haven't got used to men with earrings yet.

You and me both, my son-in-law has one and he will always be Susan to me!

Since I'm Much older than most on the forum I've noticed many differences. I'm 71.
Reality is different when you get older, especially if you start playing late in life. Can take the whole front nine to loosen up enough to play decent, can't use all your energy on the range because you need it for the round. Realize this is rambling but just putting things down as I think of them.

You speak truth

My Dad's the same way GG, he's 87 and never said awesome or called a man a dude, I'm 52 and from a different generation, Dude and awesome are staples like salt and pepper are on a steak lol.

I think it's pretty cool you've never done those things

Sheesh! You're getting old. Only another 10 years and you'll catch me. :clown:

And you have 10 and Dan has 20 to get up to my old arse! haha

Awesome post GG! I am about 20 years your junior so do and grew up doing a lot of the things you don't do. It's all good though. That is the great thing about THP. Everyone is welcome and appreciated for who they are!

Great post GG, at 64 I can relate to most of what you said. My dad, who is 87, has a unique perspective. "Never trust a fart and never walk past a bathroom"! :act-up:

Great thread ... being officially a senior now I am loving it ... just never thought it would get here so fast!

Good post and good to know a) there are a lot of us here and there's a lot of intergenerational respect..

I'm 60 and I can put up with my game never improving if it means I get to shoot my age some day (sometime between 2046 and 2061).

GG, age is all relative.
In Minnesota at 62 I'm generally the oldest at the golf course I play the most.
When I play in Hot Springs Village, Ar. in the winter I'm the young Kid on the Block.
And courses built around housing developments should have a Port-a-John every 3 holes.

Back