Mine was pretty simple but turning my wrists on drives eliminated a bad slice. One lesson and a lot of practice fixed that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one last round. I was topping my hybrids. Realized instead of trying to sweep like a wood just hit like an iron . Immediate improvement .

The aha moment I was referring too was just understanding what someone was trying to tell me. In this cas it was the shaft angle along with the swing.
Just the little things sometimes. I also know there are no Quick fixes you have to work at it and practice.

I like the video but he skipped over why folks swing OTT. So why? These things can't be glossed over IMO. Folks have to know what's causing the OTT.

Next, I REALLY like the two-club weight idea. I think he should use three or four clubs because it will loosen up grip tensions because that much weight would be too heavy to manipulate. Kudos to him, he's trying to get folks to feel the club head.....right out of Ernest Jones's and Percy Boomer's books. However, I can see someone doing the two club drill, then returning back to their higher-tension grip with one club that negates feel of the clubs weight.

Finally, body rotation pulls the arms down if they're reasonably "connected" to the torso. Someone watching will describe the move as the arms dropping, but IMO it doesn't happen the way he's explaining, and may lead folks apply leverage to drop the club. The club "dropping" is an dependent variable to hip rotation, maintaining spine angle, and staying connected. Hogan had pics of wraps around the forearms.

Back