I have heard great things about air fryers, but dang we got so much stuff in the kitchen now, I don't know where we can put anything else.
I was in the same boat, too many kitchen gadgets,
but my brother urged me to spring for the Ninja 5 in 1. It is a lot of fun and my thought is when I have our kitchen is remodeled, that will be what I cook everything with.

We have a Cuisinart combo toaster/oven/airfryer which looks like a toaster oven so it has replaced the old toaster oven on the counter

Seems like I been living out of the air fryer lately.

Restaurant quality right there. When you are looking for your first investor in your new restaurant, “Air Fryers”, you call me.

Edit: better name: Fry me to the Moon
I've seen what happens when Frank Sinatra, Jr runs a restaurant. Not gonna work.

I was in the same boat, too many kitchen gadgets,
but my brother urged me to spring for the Ninja 5 in 1. It is a lot of fun and my thought is when I have our kitchen is remodeled, that will be what I cook everything with.

My wife and I are debating the 5 in 1 as well. Looks like it could do a lot of things for us. If only it could build us a bigger kitchen to put all these gadgets ;)

W
My wife and I are debating the 5 in 1 as well. Looks like it could do a lot of things for us. If only it could build us a bigger kitchen to put all these gadgets ;)
We are going to remodel our kitchen and live in the basement and this will be our kitchen :).

I said I didn't think I would ever do it...but I did it:oops:

Last night I cooked steak in my air fryer. I would not do it every time but man I have to admit it was pretty damn good. Wasn't expecting that

My wife Carol came up with a great recipe for the air fryer.

20200708_184745.jpg

Breaded pork cutlets turned out perfect in the air fryer.

20200708_184538.jpg

Seasoned pork chops and brushed with olive oil. Coated with crushed Ritz crackers mixed with two tablespoons softened butter.

20200708_184606.jpg

Cooked on high about 15 minutes flipping once.

Soooo...I've had my air fryer for quite some time and I'm fairly comfortable with getting creative with it -- various fish, pizza, bacon, waffles, toast, etc.

Today, I made a Wagyu NY Strip.

And....

I'll let the pictures speak for me...
9645995a6db9fd886345d3073175f91f.jpg
6cac148eaf8b62e0cd7897a949db5d8f.jpg
c450efaea55c5690f5d611fc127f5d72.jpg
6b042cb91f8fffa87791d3e3c3e3b6f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Soooo...I've had my air fryer for quite some time and I'm fairly comfortable with getting creative with it -- various fish, pizza, bacon, waffles, toast, etc.

Today, I made a Wagyu NY Strip.

And....

I'll let the pictures speak for me...
9645995a6db9fd886345d3073175f91f.jpg
6cac148eaf8b62e0cd7897a949db5d8f.jpg
c450efaea55c5690f5d611fc127f5d72.jpg
6b042cb91f8fffa87791d3e3c3e3b6f4.jpg

That looks amazing....what kind of seasoning do you use?

That looks amazing....what kind of seasoning do you use?
Salt and pepper....nothing else. With other cuts I'll overnight marinade (Allegro Black Pepper being my go-to...) or occasionally use some seasoning, but salt and pepper when applied properly is all I (you) need.

I'm sure some grill purists will question why I put a Wagyu in an air fryer, and I'll gladly put my air fried steak up against what they can produce off the grill...and will enjoy sitting down with my cocktail while mine cooks perfectly every time.

Salt and pepper....nothing else. With other cuts I'll overnight marinade (Allegro Black Pepper being my go-to...) or occasionally use some seasoning, but salt and pepper when applied properly is all I (you) need.

I'm sure some grill purists will question why I put a Wagyu in an air fryer, and I'll gladly put my air fried steak up against what they can produce off the grill...and will enjoy sitting down with my cocktail while mine cooks perfectly every time.

What temp/time did you use?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What temp/time did you use?

For all of my steaks I go 400* for 7-8 minutes per side...so 14-16 minutes total...and they come out a perfect medium rare as you see above.

I typically buy steaks that are 1.5 to 2 inches thick, so keep that in mind when you see my cooking times. For a 1 inch (or less) steak I would drop to like 5-6 minutes per side on 400*.

Very important, let the steak rest for a couple minutes outside of the fryer or with the lid open before you start cutting on it. Same thing you'd do on a pellet or charcoal grill...

For all of my steaks I go 400* for 7-8 minutes per side...so 14-16 minutes total...and they come out a perfect medium rare as you see above.

I typically buy steaks that are 1.5 to 2 inches thick, so keep that in mind when you see my cooking times. For a 1 inch (or less) steak I would drop to like 5-6 minutes per side on 400*.

Very important, let the steak rest for a couple minutes outside of the fryer or with the lid open before you start cutting on it. Same thing you'd do on a pellet or charcoal grill...

Guess I'll be trying that this weekend!

Guess I'll be trying that this weekend!

Right on, let me know how they turn out!

Here's some tenderloins I cranked out last week. These were marinaded overnight in Allegro Black Pepper marinade, a little worcestershire sauce and a couple drips of A1 thick and hearty. The time/temp method I use is fairly universal and comes out perfect medium rare every time.
17a3998d625283510ef1f19e7a6274be.jpg
18850f51c1ed8f75b58922fd31d38fb4.jpg

Glad I saw this thread never new you could air fry a steak and pork cutlets is a great idea too. My Mom got me the Instant Pot air fryer lid for my birthday, I have the makings for Keto chicken tenders and big mac sauce ready to make tomorrow...

We finally picked up our larger model, it's so much nicer to be able to fit more in. The digital controls take a bit of getting used to, but so far it's been good

We finally picked up our larger model, it's so much nicer to be able to fit more in. The digital controls take a bit of getting used to, but so far it's been good
What model do you have? Mine is the 10qt NuWave Brio that I picked up at Costco for like $80 6-7 months ago.

I highly recommend anyone considering getting one to get the largest unit (regardless of brand...) you can fit in your kitchen. It makes it easier to cook larger foods and allows you to cook multiple things at once -- steak and vegatables, wings and drums, etc.

Also, consider ease of clean up. Some units require you to reach into the unit to clean them...which can be a pain. Mine has a bucket that catches everything that can be lifted out of the unit and then allows me to wash the fryer basket/screen and the bucket in the sink. Super easy!

I've tried steaks before, but I'll have to admit I wasn't sure what I was doing with time, etc. This is good I can give it another try this weekend.

Lots of stuff!

one of the most common is brussels sprouts.

cut em in half, drizzle some olive oil on them and then cover with bacon. cook at 400 for ~10 minutes. shake it all up - make sure the bacon is back on top and then another 400/10ish. enjoy

we also do a lot of chicken wings (kind of required here in western NY). those are simple though. 250 / 10 minutes, flip 380ish / 15 minutes. done

adjust as needed for crispiness preference.

toss them in whatever sauce you want after.

we have several different types. Currently one with front access and moveable shelves and rotisserary spit. Convenience of cooking several items at the same time, but can be a bit tricky if the cooking times vary and you have to pause to remove the fast cooking items.

we have several different types. Currently one with front access and moveable shelves and rotisserary spit. Convenience of cooking several items at the same time, but can be a bit tricky if the cooking times vary and you have to pause to remove the fast cooking items.
Having to juggle foods in/out is no different for a conventional oven or wood/charcoal grill.

Once you figure out cooking times for an air fryer, makes things super easy.

Back