AJ leaving Callaway

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
He confirmed on Instagram he’s joining forces with Harry, and unfortunately Harry has said his new venture is outside of golf.
he also said he’d be popping on the forum to talk sh1t while the event is going on. definitely disappointed that i won’t get the full BethpAJ effect in person, but wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

BuckNasty

Nastiest Hater
Reaction score
Handicap
he also said he’d be popping on the forum to talk sh1t while the event is going on. definitely disappointed that i won’t get the full BethpAJ effect in person, but wish him all the best in his future endeavors.
Yep saw that too. Sad he won’t be competing against you guys in the actual event, but glad he will still be active during it.

6ixOhFore

Husky
Reaction score
Handicap
AJ is great people. Wish him nothing but the best in his future job

DufferToo

100 Putters and Holding
Reaction score
Handicap
Putters
AJ was a great asset to Callaway. Hate to see him go.

Best of luck with your new gig AJ!!

olperfesser

Golf Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
AJ, sorry to see you leave Callaway. Glad we got to meet before you left.

tequila4kapp

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 17.6
AJ is a great guy. Really appreciated that he came to the Budget Golf event, as I got to spend more time with him there than at the GD.

Not sure what’s going on at Callaway but losing really talented people is generally not a great move for long term success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chpar4

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let’s face it Harry assembled an almost Allstar cast of characters around him and it worked once. So why won’t it work again. Assume he will try get his pick of his old talent and add some new fresh minds and forge ahead full steam into the new venture. Would be surprised if AJ is the only one.

robrandalgz

AKA skinsccalper
Reaction score
Handicap
AJ is a great guy. Really appreciated that he came to the Budget Golf event, as I got to spend more time with him there than at the GD.

Not sure what’s going on at Callaway but losing really talented people is generally not a great move for long term success.

I was thinking this when I saw AJ's post in Instagram. I love Callaway but losing guys like Harry and AJ within a matter of months is bad news for your company and don't make the mistake of thinking that there aren't those of us out there that aren't paying attention. They better be on point moving forward. That's all I'm going to say.

AnthonyC

Reaction score
Handicap

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Reaction score
Handicap

Hate to see good people go, but honestly I am surprised they have been able to keep so many good people for so long while really kicking their sales into overdrive.

I also think a lot of why people like Harry and possibly AJ is look what they have built at Callaway, on top in so many categories, hard not to have complacency set in so new challenges are sought. Again, I don't think losing good people is ever ideal but if they aren't going to competitors and you have a good culture in place (which I truly believe they do) then having people step up into new roles and new blood come in CAN be a positive.

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN
Damn. Just damn.

Wish him the absolute best though.

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN
Hate to see good people go, but honestly I am surprised they have been able to keep so many good people for so long while really kicking their sales into overdrive.

I also think a lot of why people like Harry and possibly AJ is look what they have built at Callaway, on top in so many categories, hard not to have complacency set in so new challenges are sought. Again, I don't think losing good people is ever ideal but if they aren't going to competitors and you have a good culture in place (which I truly believe they do) then having people step up into new roles and new blood come in CAN be a positive.

One of the few mancest posts that doesn’t leave me feeling slightly uncertain?, lol.

I agree totally. Sucks that they’re losing good folks but glad it’s not to a competitor and you’re right, the culture they’ve built will allow folks to step up and throw in new ideas that may even take them up a notch. At least I’m hopeful for that outcome.

KEV

Reaction score
Handicap
Having the chance to sit with AJ at dinner during The Grandaddy was one of the highlights of the trip for me. He was so cool to talk to and discuss everything and anything. This is easily one if my favorite pictures and moments of that trip.

721FEF8E-970B-4DC7-891D-368D11D16E40.jpeg

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Having the chance to sit with AJ at dinner during The Grandaddy was one of the highlights of the trip for me. He was so cool to talk to and discuss everything and anything. This is easily one if my favorite pictures and moments of that trip.

View attachment 8911876
and he is totally ignoring @BlueHen2006
I kid I kid

BlueHen2006

Team THP #Grandaddy2018
Reaction score
Handicap

View attachment 8911876
And you got my good side too!

and he is totally ignoring @BlueHen2006
I kid I kid
Hahahaha I was probably in a bbq sauce coma!

wadesworld

Reaction score
Handicap
Best wishes AJ! Will never forget that CogHill Gauntlet round with you. So much fun!

Don't be a stranger!

Last edited:

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in