Alignment aids on golf balls

Takes too long for me to get it perfectly on the right line, so I don't use them.

Hate watching pros and then hackers line up and realign up their ball several times to get it right.

Wish they'd make a rule half the ball must be free of marks and that blank half be pointed up when you putt.

I talked to my instructor about this, she was more in line with using the alignment aid to make sure you are aiming in the correct direction, not so much about making sure it was on the perfect line.

How many use the alignment aid or draw one yourself on your golf ball? I've never used one before, I always place the ball with nothing showing while putting, I thought it would be too distracting, but I've been toying with the idea of using the lines on the ball or adding my own. I've been working hard on my swing this past summer and now I need to improve my putting. Distance control is usually not a problem, a lot of my misses here lately have been barely off line, burning a lot of edges and I was wondering if using the alignment aids would help. What do you think THP?
Line across the entire ball. Lined up at target when putting. When not putting the lines face down so I can’t see em

Well, I tried lining up all my putts with the alignment lines on the ball today. I'm not 100% sold on it yet but I did seem to putt better. I mainly used it to line up in the general direction of my intended line and it seemed to help, the putts I missed were because of a miss read not a incorrect line. The only green I 3 putted was the 18th, I just blew that birdie putt by the hole. I think I will mess with it a little more the next few rounds.
I did use it on the tee, to set my target line and really liked the visual aid it provided.

I've never actually tried the Triple Track, but really like the look of them. I was given a bag of about 200 second hand Pro Vs by a work colleague a couple of years ago and still steadily working my way through those. Can't bring myself to buy any others while I still have a bag sitting in my spare room. Although with the way the driver swing is currently, I would use them up by the start of next season

Old School, the lone dot. Easy alignment to the line of your putt. Great off the tee also!
I believe it was Dave Stockton and Nancy Lopez that used this back in day.
This is the feel for me? Like the front sight on a gun. Aim small, miss small ?
IMG_4305.JPG

How many use the alignment aid or draw one yourself on your golf ball? I've never used one before, I always place the ball with nothing showing while putting, I thought it would be too distracting, but I've been toying with the idea of using the lines on the ball or adding my own. I've been working hard on my swing this past summer and now I need to improve my putting. Distance control is usually not a problem, a lot of my misses here lately have been barely off line, burning a lot of edges and I was wondering if using the alignment aids would help. What do you think THP?
I use whatever comes on the ball. If using a Truvis patterned ball, I just use the Callaway chevron as my guide. Once I have it set, I won't go back and adjust it once over the ball.

I have always used a line on my ball for putting accuracy. (Don't use it for driving) When the triple track came out, it made it even easier to line up. Now I line up the ball for direction and only worry about speed. Putting is now my strong point. Now if I could just start hitting greens...

I use them to line up my tee shot, but never for putting.

Never used a line or alignment aid on a golf ball. I like looking at plain white ball, logo and such turned away from my vision. I don't know if that's good or bad for my putting, but that's what I prefer.

Back