Alignment & Balance

Everybody knows railroad tracks remain parallel. I don't know what you mean by "viewed in perspective converge to a point".
For golf instruction the image of railroad tracks is helpful to get players to understand what is square alignment. Specifically, the body (feet-knees-hips-shoulders ) are on the inside line ,the target is on the outside line, and the two lines are parallel to each other.
Most beginning players slice the ball and begin aiming their body more and more left of the target line (to compensate for the slice ball flight they've come to expect).
As player progress they learn that aiming left is exacerbating their problem of slicing shots, so they overcompensate by getting in the habit of aiming well right of the target line.
However, aiming well right of the target line promotes an over the top swing, which produces a hook or draw. Many amateurs who have played for awhile have adopted the habit of aiming their body right of the target lie and playing for a right to left shot which they perceive as good (or at least better than the slice they had as a beginner player).
Most truly consistently good ball strikers have their body aligned square to the target line, and competent instructors teach that square alignment position. Using railroad tracks as an image is helpful to teaching square alignment.
I'm not surprised that you don't understand perspective, how a human uses it out of instinct, and that using an image of railroad tracks is counter productive. Not even a little bit surprised, to be honest.

Alignment is something I have to work at, but when i do it correctly I usually have a high % of GIR for the round. I get lax with it and have to pay attention to it. I can be setup square but always feel closed and have to consciously look down at times to check it

Back