Alignment dot on driver not in center of the crown. Is this distracting to you?

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems that on many drivers, the alignment dot or mark is not directly in the center of the crown where you would expect it to be. No doubt the designers and engineers know exactly where the sweet spot of their driver is - I am just curious if anyone else finds it distracting at address when your instinct is to hit the ball with the center of your driver but you see the alignment mark elsewhere on the crown.

Last edited:
If the alignment aid is meant to show where the sweet spot actually is but " not directly in the center of the crown where you would expect it to be" than any "distraction" from that spot did what it was supposed to do.

I would find that incredibly distracting, would rather not have a mark at all than one not obviously in the center - I have enough trouble as it is!

Drivers have an alignment mark on top? :ROFLMAO:

I have a putter like that. Sweet spot and alignment line don't line up and it drives me bonkers about an otherwise excellent putter.
Any club that didn't line up wouldn't be my first choice.

I’ve changed mine so it’s more towards the toe. Less heelside mishits that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a 3/4 inch aluminum tape on top (front to back) of mine so I can see my sweet spot of club contacting the ball when I swing... (line her up)

Back