Alignment Sticks: Use them?

I use orange driveway markers from Lowe’s. I cut them down so they fit in the large side pocket of a bag. I marked them with a sharpie in 1 inch intervals to help with setup and as a reference for putting stroke size.

I use orange driveway markers from Lowe’s. I cut them down so they fit in the large side pocket of a bag. I marked them with a sharpie in 1 inch intervals to help with setup and as a reference for putting stroke size.
Sounds like a good idea.

I have a collapsible set (like tent poles), that I have around somewhere. I do not use them anywhere near enough for practice.

Last time I used them wasn't for full swing, but on the ground when I was having problems putting. I just needed it in my head that I could make putts again, so I set up a track and just pounded putts for like an hour straight. Figured out where to align it and would start stroking all lengths of putts just so I could have the feeling of draining putts again.

I have a set but honestly couldn't tell you the last time they left my house. I never go to the range so don't ever think about them.
Haha. You’re like me, why practice on a range when I can PLAY!:p

Haha. You’re like me, why practice on a range when I can PLAY!:p

I'm normally play > practice, too, until this past November(ish). We'll see if it paid off once the rounds start stacking up this year.

I have a collapsible set (like tent poles), that I have around somewhere. I do not use them anywhere near enough for practice.

Last time I used them wasn't for full swing, but on the ground when I was having problems putting. I just needed it in my head that I could make putts again, so I set up a track and just pounded putts for like an hour straight. Figured out where to align it and would start stroking all lengths of putts just so I could have the feeling of draining putts again.
I used to have a set like that from a training program I reviewed here, wonder where those went :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I used to have a set like that from a training program I reviewed here, wonder where those went :unsure::unsure::unsure:
LOL, mine were from Target. 2 poles for like 9 bucks.
Money well spent considering the usage. Would kick myself if I spent more.

I have never used them. I never go to the range anymore either though so I don't have an opportunity to use them. If someone was a range rat I think they would be a necessity.

I just have the Home Depot stakes also. I use them regularly. PGA pros always check alignment. If they need to do it so do I.

I just have the Home Depot stakes also. I use them regularly. PGA pros always check alignment. If they need to do it so do I.
It’s one of the biggest issues for us mere mortals.

If you want to go cheap go to Home Depot and get some driveway rods. Like a buck a piece. If you want high class go bubba whips.

Accidentally clipping a fiberglass stick is much less damage inducing than a club though when it comes to most amateurs practicing. ;)

I’ve been mostly using a long iron or two for 42 years but have sticks for my daughter that she uses. So far no damage to a club but I wouldn’t trust my son with one of my clubs as an alignment aid!

I don’t as often as I should because I usually forget to put them in my bag before I head from the truck to the range. I just went to Lowe’s and bought a couple of sticks they use to mark on construction sites. They are basically the same thing and way cheaper then buying “golf alignment sticks”

I carry them but dont really use them...

Yes sir. A lot on the range and practicing. I'm terrible at alignment, especially with the driver.

I like to use them on the range, but don't always carry them unless I know I'm specifically heading to the range for a session.

I agree. If you aren’t aligned properly you can’t hit the ball at the target.
I like to use them to get my HS kids the visual of train tracks. Does wonders.

I don't use them as often as I should, my alignment needs work. I keep them in my spare bag and often forget to bring them when I go to the course/range.

I have never purchased true alignment sticks or even used them. Then after noticing an issue during a video before all the covid craziness I purchased a couple of sticks from Home Depot for like $6. I'm not sure if they are longer than typical alignment sticks but pretty sure they are the same thing.

Yup, when I can find them, rest of the family keeps borrowing them even though I have bought them their own.

keep saying i'm gonna get some but then I see something else, like golf balls or hats.

Back