pinseeker

"Non renunciare mai quello che desideri"
Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
Ran across this video from Clay Ballard (Top Speed Golf), where he gave some pretty good tips for alignment. Aside from using an alignment rod indicating target/stance line, he points out how to really use them. One thing that I had not thought of was after taking aa stance, ball position e.t.c. was to look down the fairway as you shuffle your feet vs looking at the ball. Another was that although you may have feet aligned, your shoulders and hips may not be. Anyway, this helps;

Really appreciate this. Will take this to the range today

Thanks, I needed this!

everything about the setup is so easy, I think Michael breed says absent injury or physical limitation everyone can have a good setup. and yet, it's so easy for it to go off the rails if unchecked. it's pretty tough to make a good golf swing from a bad setup position. it's my (uneducated) opinion that faults in many golf swings come from improper alignment and/or ball position.

I'll watch this tonight after league.

Sometimes even the simplest things are often disregarded or taken for granted. One thing that struck a chord with me Clay admitting that your "swing du jour", requires a little adjustment and there is no "one size fits all". He basically just lays it out how to get there. While during actual play, you may not use alignment aids, you can still spot something out in front of you that will suffice i.e. certain blade of grass, imperfection e.t.c. to take your focus off the ball and concentrate on the target.

Some great tips there, will definitely be trying these out.

I think alignment is a major issue for me as well, and somehow I align closed and have a closed face resulting in a decent pull sometimes. Hope thos can help some

That's a good and informative video. Easily breaks down how to address the ball. My setup always includes picking a spot in front of the ball, but I don't set my feet as I'm looking at my target down the fairway. I'm gonna try this tomorrow and see how it works.

I spent some time a few weeks back watching that video and spent time applying and it helped on my iron play immensely. Last round I struggled on my ball flight and targets so I ended up going back to this one to make sure setup wasn't causing me to miss greens again. Really helpful video.

I follow Clay and topspeed golf a lot. Seems to be good

Back