MNMarc

Reaction score
The NBA all-star game is about to begin on TNT. I always find myself watching them even though they’re not very good. Which one, if any, is your favorite all-star game between the NFL Pro Bowl, NBA, NHL, or MLB?

I can’t remember the last one I watched of any sport. It’s been a while.

Even though they play no defense, the NBA all star game can be entertaining. The pro bowl seems pointless.

I like the MLB All-star game, most realistic to an actual game. plus I find the home run derby really fun!

I watch the MLB All-Star game most years. I went when it was in Cincinnati back in 2015 and it was a blast.

For years I used to watch the pro bowl. Then one year one of the players was being interviewed and said that they were just enjoying a vacation with their family. That changed my thinking and now I don't care about the pro bowl. I haven't watched it for several years now.

This NBA all-star game is nearly unwatchable with that annoying DJ noise in the background.

I prefer the MLB all-star stuff. Home Run Derby is always a must watch for me.

Used to always watch the NBA all-star game, and after watching Quavo ball-hog in the celebrity game yesterday, I may not ever attempt to watch the NBA stuff ever again. The dunk contest used to be my favorite, but it really doesn't interest me anymore.

Overall though, I feel like the entire concept is unnecessary. After seeing people get hurt in the game (Dipietro years ago), I think it just shouldn't happen mid season.

Got my kids ready for bed and just getting through the National Anthem by Chaka Khan.

That was awful. Maybe the worst I have heard by an actual singer.

I like the NHL all star game the most.

Haven’t watched more than a few minutes of any in years but I’m most likely to check out NHL these days

Baseball was always the best because it was the one that could be played most like an actual game. Not one of the defense optional exhibitions. Plus, before inter league play, it was the only time other than the World Series where the players from the two leagues played in the same game

I like baseball, but the NBA does a good job at times if you like spectacular offensive plays... I'm not so sure I like the skills and dunk on Saturday night..

the NBA ASG is the best of the bunch, especially this year where there's a game-within-a-game and charity aspect to it. looks like they're giving more than a minimum effort

Got my kids ready for bed and just getting through the National Anthem by Chaka Khan.

That was awful. Maybe the worst I have heard by an actual singer.

I like the NHL all star game the most.
I'm going to have nightmares thinking about that rendition of the National Anthem. I kept yelling at my brother to shut it off.
NHL for the WIN!

The MLB All-Star game is the only one I watch. That is the only pro sports league I pay attention to and watch.

Sorry I'm posting late to this but I also watched this years NBA all star game.....horrendous. The fact that it is a massive popularity contest and isn't really based on the actual "skill" of a player is a joke. It is basically who is best friends with Lebron makes up one team and the other team is who sells the most jerseys. Also once they started going away from the West/East format, I was out of it. For the "homer" part of my rant, the fact that the back-to-back DPOY didn't make the all star team both years he won it and just this year they let Gobert in on the "reserves" portion of the team is further proof that it is a skewed popularity contest.

I do enjoy the NHL ASG as I grew up on that. one of the greatest moments in an all star game came from an NHL game with the Owen Nolan called shot on Dom Hasek. I get that the all star game is strictly for entertainment value so I don't find myself watching as much due to the fact that 10-20 goals in a game is just not realistic to me but I do make an effort to at least see some of the NHL ASG. That being said, the skills competitions are usually pretty awesome!

I'm a fan of the MLS ASG when they bring a decent team in to play against the MLS squad. I believe, not 100% sure though, that they either brought in the LIGA MX all stars last year or are bringing them in this year and that is something I could definitely buy into! Bring in the All stars from other leagues and that will definitely help soccer (futbol) grow in the US which I'm all for!

Sorry for the rant, but in the end if you are having an ASG make sure the people that should be there are there. Make sure the players that are working and producing are playing in the game. Rudy Gobert had 21 pts i believe in the ASG and when the game got close he was on the bench so that the "big name" players could play, which Team Giannas eventually gave up a big lead and ended up losing. .......Sports are awesome though and give us fans something to talk about.

Signing off now to go watch my Jazz play the Spurs. Have a great weekend everyone!

NHL

The Pro Bowl is glorified touch football, but I watch it just for the creativity on offense, it's fun to see all the razzle-dazzle plays they'd never attempt in a regular season game. It's like the pros playing sandlot football. NHL All-Star game is hockey minus the hitting, but usually lots of scoring. I don't watch all the skill contests and stuff surrounding them.

I have less than zero interest in MLB or the NBA, so can't comment on either of them.

Give me Professional Bowling over NBA.

Usually don’t watch any All star games in any sport but always preferred MLB growing up. Before interleague play it was the only time to see some NL players up close.

Now I’ll watch the HR derby with my youngest boy, and be in the room during the baseball game. If thought having players miked up and talking while playing was kind of fun.

Even though football was my favorite sport, I was never a fan of NFL pro bowl. You could tell guys weren’t into it (I totally agree - I wouldn’t want the extra wear and tear for a meaningless game)

NBA ASG was fun to watch as a kid but I lost interest as I got older, even for the slam dunk contest. However, since I was stuck in a hospital bed with nothing to do I did watch the 4th quarter of the game Sunday and thought it was entertaining. Guys actually played defense which was a new thing to see. Looks like they should keep this format.

And the National Anthem was the worst version ever (at least the 30 seconds I listened to before changing channels).

Back