Alligators on the Course

Man, some great pictures here. I would love to see a big one on the course.

I only have a picture of a little guy taking in some sun. I tried to get close and see if I could pet him, but he scurried in the pond too fast.

8BEBDBE7-26D9-457F-8898-10788B0E313B.jpeg

Pretty sure I would prefer gators over rattlesnakes.
I was thinking the same thing. At least you know the gators are there! Rattlers are usually so well camouflaged that you don't even see them until you're already way too close for comfort, and you hear that 'buzz'.

Lot's of members down in the south, Florida has some giants.

Let's scare the northerners with some dinosaur pictures.

this guy was laying on a tee box on Streamsong Blue.

View attachment 9000249
I'm headed to Myrtle Beach this weekend, from Iowa. I'm sure I'll see some gators. The prospect of gators doesn't bother me. My wife won't be happy to see them, however. She'll be scared chitless.

As some of you know I like to take pictures of golf courses... a couple of years ago we pulled up to a tee box with water on both sides. I spot the snout of a gator down in the water to my right. I zoom in to get a closeup and through the lens see it lunge forward. Took two or three steps toward the front of the tee while it climbed up and over the cart path, nonchalantly walked across the tee box and down the other side into the second pond. Like we weren't even there.

I'll be honest, when I first saw it move through the lens my heart skipped a beat or two

Lot's of members down in the south, Florida has some giants.

Let's scare the northerners with some dinosaur pictures.

this guy was laying on a tee box on Streamsong Blue.

View attachment 9000249

I’m a northerner and dumb. I would totally wrestle that thing.

Buddies in group ahead of us. Good thing they didn't leave it short right.
PXL_20210316_193013039.jpg

I think so. It's the one down the very narrow path, water on both sides.

“Very narrow path” “water both sides”

Maybe stay the F off that path, 🤣

I dunno, I’m kinda nuts but 12-13ft, I’ll probably respect nature and not wrassle it?

Depends if @Hamfist chsllenges me or not most likely.

First time to Florida was Jan 2020. We visited family in Fort Meyer at Herons Glen. I wanted to see gators, I got my fill!414237A7-FB66-4E87-BF09-E92C4D4BE769.jpeg9760988D-D710-443F-8AEA-85D18A6534F3.jpeg764E053C-DC0D-46F6-9870-0FE2D7085949.jpeg414237A7-FB66-4E87-BF09-E92C4D4BE769.jpeg9760988D-D710-443F-8AEA-85D18A6534F3.jpeg764E053C-DC0D-46F6-9870-0FE2D7085949.jpeg414237A7-FB66-4E87-BF09-E92C4D4BE769.jpeg

I like that one where it’s around about 12 balls saying “what?”

Extra long ball retriever is what ya damn Dino!

In the water, they're deadly. Don't go after errant balls... especially if you can't see in the water. They like to ambush you... they'll use golf balls as bait. :ROFLMAO:

First time to Florida was Jan 2020. We visited family in Fort Meyer at Herons Glen. I wanted to see gators, I got my fill
414237A7-FB66-4E87-BF09-E92C4D4BE769 - Copy.jpeg
🔥

Last edited:
This guy was at the Hogan Event 45FE2C23-9BDD-4684-8DE9-AB48C879832F.jpeg

I’m a “northener” and here are a few gators I saw earlier this month while playing golf at Magnolia Landing in Ft Myers. Don’t mess with them and they won’t mess with you. 6F8183F5-E7EE-482E-A01A-E866F6255E31.jpeg31AC9417-58FD-4D23-A4A2-1A5CC9EE7CF9.jpeg

Pretty sure I would prefer gators over rattlesnakes.
One of the courses here (Redlands Mesa) has signs in the rocks saying be careful snakes in the area. Needless to say I take plenty of balls with me when I play that course.

One of the courses here (Redlands Mesa) has signs in the rocks saying be careful snakes in the area. Needless to say I take plenty of balls with me when I play that course.
Yeah snakes are bad boogie. I was up in St George with friend golfing. We hit our 150 approach shots on to the green. We saw something near the flag stick which thought a piece of clothing. Once we got close enough, we saw it was a rattler. We left our balls on the green, and called it a bogey 1.

A golf course in Grants New Mexico has rattlesnakes all over the place. You'll hear them, without seeing them.

Give me the gators. No problem.

P

Or carry The Judge in .410? Great snake gun. Friend told me.

One of the courses we play is built in amongst the rocky desert mountains/canyons along the Colorado River. They have signs advising of snakes, and they ain't kidding - we see at least one rattlesnake almost every time we play there.

I’m a “northener” and here are a few gators I saw earlier this month while playing golf at Magnolia Landing in Ft Myers. Don’t mess with them and they won’t mess with you.
A substantial percentage of rattlesnake bites come from people screwing around with them. I'd imagine it's much the same (or maybe even more so) with gators. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I remember when I grew up in Georgia, we would take the john-boat out to go fishing. Having alligators swim up next to the boat, that were as big as the boat...

I’ve never been fortunate enough to play a course with gators on it. It’s something I’d like tho. They’re pretty neat.

I’ve come across quite a few of them while fishing around here.

I don’t have a problem with snakes or turtles on the course. I like to catch the non venomous ones just to freak out my golf buddies. They think it’s hilarious when I catch turtles on the course.

I’ll shoo a rattler, copperhead or moccasin out of harm’s way, to keep anyone from getting hurt.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

First time I went to Florida, I played Heron Creek in the morning ,keeping clear of al least a dozen chunky alligators. In the afternoon, my daughter , ten about 12, announced she wanted to see some alligators, so we went to a park near Englewood that promised sightings. Two hours later, we ahd not seen a big stick , let alone a gator.

So I took her up the golf course, borrowed a buggy, and she saw plenty of gators!

Once you live in FL long enough you realize there are days were you see more alligators then squirrels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back