Alternative to Scotty circa 62 #3 putter

U_of_Bucky

Reaction score
Handicap
Alternative to Scotty circa 62 #3 putter. I know I get along with this breed Scotty. However, I gave this putter way to my daughter-in-law. A sacrifice that has paid outstanding dividends.

I am looking for a reasonably priced replacement. A slight arc 1/4 toe hang putter with a similar lie and putter head length. That Scotty #3 on eBay is going for $240 plus. I paid $125 for the Scotty.

Are the Ping Anser (1, 2, 3 o the variants) in play? I do have a B-60 and a Scotty Circa 62 #6 which are excellent. My Yes! Calle slant seems to work well too. Point and shoot!

Surprising to me I pulled out my bronze Acushnet tear drop bullseye putter I bought 40 years ago. On fast greens this putter is AWESOME. A nod to a young Tom Watson.

My search for my "Holy Grail" is insatiable but fun!

Advice? A putter or a cure for my disease.

Alternative to Scotty circa 62 #3 putter. I know I get along with this breed Scotty. However, I gave this putter way to my daughter-in-law. A sacrifice that has paid outstanding dividends.

I am looking for a reasonably priced replacement. A slight arc 1/4 toe hang putter with a similar lie and putter head length. That Scotty #3 on eBay is going for $240 plus. I paid $125 for the Scotty.

Are the Ping Anser (1, 2, 3 o the variants) in play? I do have a B-60 and a Scotty Circa 62 #6 which are excellent. My Yes! Calle slant seems to work well too. Point and shoot!

Surprising to me I pulled out my bronze Acushnet tear drop bullseye putter I bought 40 years ago. On fast greens this putter is AWESOME. A nod to a young Tom Watson.

My search for my "Holy Grail" is insatiable but fun!

Advice? A putter or a cure for my disease.

I believe it would it would have to be the putter. From personal experience I know there is no cure for the disease. ;)

Are you looking for something still older or something newer? The Scotty Newport 2 is a favorite of alot of people around these parts. Have you ever tried a center-shafted putter?

Thanks for the reply fairwaynut,

Yes, I do have a Scotty Newport 2. It works very well. I have a FatCat grip on it and the combo works on the 7 to 10 stimp greens. Actually it is great.

What I am looking for is an older Ping to complement my older B-60. I have always liked the look of the Anser putters with the plumber's neck. Slight Arc. Greens which are a Stimp of 11 and up. The Yes Calle slant neck is good for these greens. Also the B-60. I guess I am always looking for another horse to ride!

I guess I am looking at the differences between a 1,2, and 3 and the variants. A used older putter with a traditional Pingman grip.

The center shaft putters do not fit my current eye. I spend too much energy getting the line right. The B60 and Scotty ae point and shoot. The pace is my thinking variable.

Sounds like you have things pretty well locked down. Wish you luck with your search.

There is a local golf shop near me that has some used Ping Bronze putters for sale. I could go check them out for and take some pics of them for you.

Uggh. Long reply totally lost when went to post.

OK try again here...
Betti Studio Stock #10 in my WITB. Best ever B60 style. (y)
My back up? Yes! Callie forged slant neck with Pingman midsize cord. :eek::p
I almost picked up one of those Ping Scottsdale B60's back in the day.

You are my putting doppelganger. :love::cool:

Mizuno TPM was an el cheapo to those Scotties at the time. Had both. Very soft on both counts and dented like the bajeezus.

I think I had a TP Mills putter years ago that looked exactly the same. I've also seen an old Cobra putter with that shape I believe.

Back