Alternative to the K15

Deke

Reaction score
Handicap
Played for the first time in 5 years a couple of weeks ago, overseas duties kept me hopping. Was playing to a legit 15 before and am a pretty straight hitter, do tend to fade a bit but no big slice. I'm happy with my irons but my 8 yr old TM Burner Bubble, the old copper one, has got to go.

I did do an analysis at Golfsmith and they recommended a 10.5* stiff flex, and would fit me for shaft length if I found a head I liked. I used the K15 for the analysis and liked the feel even with the stock shaft. The problem is I'm still a once a week kind of guy and not sure I want to drop almost $200 on a used driver, they had some poorer conditioned ones for around $170. Is there a driver with the same feel and forgivness as the K15? There were a lot of other brands in the used bin, and much cheaper. I thought I could take the savings and get a quality shaft/grip.

Any help and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps consider the PING Rapture V2 driver. Very solid and forgiving. One of my all time favorite drivers.

If you think you've found the club you want two tips I've relied on for finding it cheaper are Craigslist and Callawaypreowned.com (as an example, I just bought a G10 driver from them for like $60. I don't know that they have K15 but last time I looked they had G15s and a few other older models)

Played for the first time in 5 years a couple of weeks ago, overseas duties kept me hopping. Was playing to a legit 15 before and am a pretty straight hitter, do tend to fade a bit but no big slice. I'm happy with my irons but my 8 yr old TM Burner Bubble, the old copper one, has got to go.

I did do an analysis at Golfsmith and they recommended a 10.5* stiff flex, and would fit me for shaft length if I found a head I liked. I used the K15 for the analysis and liked the feel even with the stock shaft. The problem is I'm still a once a week kind of guy and not sure I want to drop almost $200 on a used driver, they had some poorer conditioned ones for around $170. Is there a driver with the same feel and forgivness as the K15? There were a lot of other brands in the used bin, and much cheaper. I thought I could take the savings and get a quality shaft/grip.

Any help and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know of any great alternatives to the K15. While me and draw bias do not get along it is definitely the best out there IMHO for someone looking for that type of driver. It's long, it's crazy forgiving, and it doesn't look too bad either.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Deke, I have a 10.5 degree K15 that I'd sell you. Only thing is it has the stock regular flex. It's in great shape. I'd sell it for $165 and pay for shipping if you are in the continental U.S. For that matter I have the K15 3 wood too I'd be willing to sell. Private message me if you are interested.

Can it be a new driver? G20

Deke. I just read your post again and if you don't need all of that draw biased help and just want something a little newer then a PING Rapture V2, G10, G15 are all cheaper and play very much alike forgiveness and distance wise.

A G10 could be had for a steal!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Callaway preowned has a good condition G10, 10.5, regular flex for $77.99. You can almost always find coupons and occassionally get free shipping so you probably can get it for even less than that. Let the ponder begin...

G10, G15 or G20 are all great options. The K15 is a different animal though, begs to go straight.

Deke: If you're just getting back into the game, then I think the K15 is a pretty good driver. As runpundrum mentioned, it's a fairly straight hitter and was long on the launch monitor for me. I play with it and don't personally find it to be that draw biased. I've played hybrids and irons that I was way more apt to hook than the K15.

If you think you need a draw biased driver, then others to consider are the Adams F11, Cobra S3, Razr Hawk and some of the adjustable drivers. The Adams in particular could be had for a fraction of the price of the K15 for brand new.

Back