Always a Laugh: FB Marketplace

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
In need a laugh? Head over to FB marketplace and type in “golf”.

People will have a 22 year old putter that never saw a headcover, asking 175 bucks for that Walmart Wilson set.

It’s a hoot.

Or an advert for "golf club" or "golf clubs" with no description whatsoever, and photos so distant and/or blurry you can't tell what they're selling.

OTOH: You can strike gold, there, too. That's how I found my nearly pristine Callaway X2 Hot driver for a really nice price :) (And, man, I love that driver.)

Or an advert for "golf club" or "golf clubs" with no description whatsoever, and photos so distant and/or blurry you can't tell what they're selling.

OTOH: You can strike gold, there, too. That's how I found my nearly pristine Callaway X2 Hot driver for a really nice price :) (And, man, I love that driver.)
This is TRUE... it’s either feast or famine. Every once in a while you’ll find some clean Scotty for 10 bucks but that’s got to be sub 1% experience.

I got two TM hi toe wedges 54 and 60 in great shape there, for $100 the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see more feet on golf Facebook market place than I do the beach. And some disgusting feet too. Mofos should be ashamed gross a$$es..

Prices are crazy for some items.

But my favorite is all the experts that post a picture from 2nd swing of a beat to shat club for 19.99 and expect I sell mine for the same..

I have been watching FB market place looking for some 80s Macgregor blades and you are 100% right. There is a lot of over priced stuff on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t forget the feet in pics
I saw one pic where the fella was wearing shoes, but was also shirtless and captured his big hairy belly in the photos :facepalm:

Feet, bellies, blurriness, photos taken on ratty old couches or unmade beds, you name it. Some (?) people don't seem to grasp that presentation is paramount when you're trying to sell something. And, yeah: You have to wonder what many of them are thinking. If I wanted to pay at or near full boat for a club I'd go to my LGS or 2nd Swing or something. People go to FB Marketplace, Craig's List, etc. to find a deal.

FB marketplace is just comedic gold for ****. I cannot believe what people sell - and what people buy. The one that i find absolutely disgusting are the LuLu lemon listings. These are clothes that the seller has been sweating in for a long time and yet people are interested in buying almost immediately as they go up.

Someone is selling their used quesadilla maker for $30. The same one I can get brand new on Amazon for $25. She claims that it costs over $100.

Golf clubs - guy asking if the JPX 919 forged available on wish for <$400 new is a good deal.

Don’t forget the girls that look like street walkers offering in home massage therapy...I’m pretty sure none of them are licensed.

Feet, bellies, blurriness, photos taken on ratty old couches or unmade beds, you name it. Some (?) people don't seem to grasp that presentation is paramount when you're trying to sell something. And, yeah: You have to wonder what many of them are thinking. If I wanted to pay at or near full boat for a club I'd go to my LGS or 2nd Swing or something. People go to FB Marketplace, Craig's List, etc. to find a deal.
Craigslist is even worse than FB Marketplace. Not only do you get the trash merchandise at inflated prices, you get the buyers who are foreign scammers, tire kickers with ten million questions, lowballers, and/or the ones who want to trade tattoo work or drugs for whatever you're selling. Yeah, I'm sure I want you doing my ink if you're trading it for stuff on Craigslist. :LOL:

Seen a beat up set of clubs last week. Shaft sticker pealing, club faces all browning and many dings. Dude was asking 600$ Wrote the guy told him I sold my set of p790’d in great condition for 325$ why would anyone buy these for double the price

Last edited:
People will have the audacity to sell a pair of underwear on there and say gently used....

Then there's fleaBay. Once was it was like an on-line garage sale. Not so much anymore. Can't count the number of times I've seen used items bid up until they actually went over the price of a new item on Amazon, in a B&M store, or whatever
shake.gif

Tools are another. Ryobi one+ tools apparently go up in value significantly after you buy and use them. I see $80 tools for sale for $120 all the time.

Hunting gear is hit or miss. Either super cheap or out of their mind expensive.

“Gently Used”. Yea. As soon as I see that I move on. “Well Loved” is another one.

I also hate people looking for services that are “fair and affordable”. As if there is anyone out there looking for “sh***y and overpriced”.

Remember these? lol
fb marketplace.PNG

Don’t forget the girls that look like street walkers offering in home massage therapy...I’m pretty sure none of them are licensed.

Pretty sure they are not offering massages either :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I saw one pic where the fella was wearing shoes, but was also shirtless and captured his big hairy belly in the photos :facepalm:

Damnit! I thought I cropped that out.

You’re welcome for me wearing shoes at least.

Anyone looking for a “date” with my “iron”?

Back