AMA - Ask Me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
90 minutes before my next conference call. Figured why not do another AMA as we are ramping up towards the greatest event ever created.

GO!

What will be the most novel or unique experience in 2024 that you can share details on right now?

Which Dormie course is your favorite to play?

• Admin
What will be the most novel or unique experience in 2024 that you can share details on right now?
All of them.
We are doing some different things, but for purely unique, the Bag Boy Championship, because the winners get to come back the following year.

• Admin
Which Dormie course is your favorite to play?
From a purely personal standpoint, probably Ballyhack for the visuals and I love our forecaddies there.
From a scoring standpoint, Briggs Ranch, it is the easiest.

From a purely personal standpoint, probably Ballyhack for the visuals and I love our forecaddies there.
From a scoring standpoint, Briggs Ranch, it is the easiest.
The forecaddies at Bally are such good dudes.

• Admin
Who are you most wanting to hang an "L" on in singles at Granddaddy?
Honestly doesn't matter. I say this with all sincerity, but I never expected to play in this again, so being able to do so with this group of THPers is going to be awesome.
My game has been a roller coaster the last 2 years, but my recent lesson has me trending the right way. If that holds, I will be happy.

Which coming release do you think will slide under the radar, but shouldn’t?

Do you think we see any notable market share shifts in any area this year @JB ?

Do you think we see any notable market share shifts in any area this year @JB ?
Yes.
I think there is going to be growth in the golf ball segment by one company.
I think there is going to be a shift in the putter market.
I think the driver market gets a bit more cloudy.
I also believe that there is a chance for a couple of the smaller brands to start appearing (outside top 4) to at least appear.

Yes.
I think there is going to be growth in the golf ball segment by one company.
I think there is going to be a shift in the putter market.
I think the driver market gets a bit more cloudy.
I also believe that there is a chance for a couple of the smaller brands to start appearing (outside top 4) to at least appear.
I love reading all of this.

To follow, do you think we see any slips when it comes to market share? Be it a big brand losing ground or a confused/lost one seemingly getting more confused/lost?

How hard is it for you & GG to keep up w/ all the different threads & posts on here?

Im not sure who that individual is?

He’s been a forecaddie there for a few years, likely just summertime since he just started college. Good kid. He’s my preppy bro. He’s as nuts about that place as the THP’ers are.

To follow, do you think we see any slips when it comes to market share? Be it a big brand losing ground or a confused/lost one seemingly getting more confused/lost?
Yes.
Two slips I can see coming, one in driver spot and one in irons.

In 10 years, what is your goal for THP?

In your opinion. What percentages would you give to making a decision on whether a product is worth purchasing after a fitting?

Data -
Feel -
Looks -
I want something new -

A lot of people say they go by data but the other stuff creeps in as well.

Is the THP membership growing at a rate that you’re satisfied with?

Was there a piece of gear that didn't get the love this year, that you thought should have?

@JB Do you think the “no politics - no religious talk” has helped or harmed THP from a business standpoint? I love it, and it’s a main reason I’m here, but I wonder if that luxury costs you $.

Your travel schedule looks absolutely packed for 2024. I'm not sure how you do it.

Whats your go to road trip snack?

What 1 thing could you not live without while traveling?

Top thing you miss about being home?

Do you ever see a Taylormade experience happening? And you probably can't go into too much detail, but why haven't they gotten on board with THP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back