Amazed this doesn't happen more

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If I was in a competitive tournament, even though I rarely shank a ball, the people standing on the right of the tee off would be putting their lives in danger, lol.
I'm really surprised it doesn't happen more.
I can think of Brooks hitting someone recently.

"make her stooooppp!!"

Aaahaha classic

yikes! that is brutal.

I played in a local tournament and had about 80 - 100 people all around the 1st tee and down both sides a ways. about 500 yd dogleg right par 5. From the back tees, you are hitting down a chute of trees that overhang from both sides. My turn, nervous as all heck and I remember actually thinking about the spectators just down the right. Tee it up take a calming couple of successive non-stop easy swings, set up to the ball and just nail it! Right down the chute, all the way out to the turn, right in the middle of the fairway about 295 with a persimmon driver. Boy! was I relieved. As I was walking off the tee, someone said it was the best drive they had seen all day from there. That made my day.

If you haven't teed it up and had to hit a good shot with a bunch of people watching, it is a LOT of pressure. Just sayin'!!

If you haven't teed it up and had to hit a good shot with a bunch of people watching, it is a LOT of pressure. Just sayin'!!

THP Events...:D

I didn't realize there were 80-100 people at THP events. ;)

Depends on the event, but there are plenty, with more on the line than most amateurs ever dream about.
Downplaying that is cool too though :ROFLMAO:

Depends on the event, but there are plenty, with more on the line than most amateurs ever dream about.

I'm sure it's entertaining! :) I enjoyed watching the Budget Golf CdA summary video that was posted recently.

Hahah.
To the OP, we saw some great shots out of THPers at events like this one. But pressure is all part of it and creating the tour player atmosphere for regular golfers really amps it up.

Hahah.
To the OP, we saw some great shots out of THPers at events like this one. But pressure is all part of it and creating the tour player atmosphere for regular golfers really amps it up.

Oh I remember watching some of those matches on youtube! They were really entertaining.
And remember teeing up at the THP Bridgestone Championship in Vegas. They had given my clubs to someone who rented clubs, so when I got them back I hadn't taken a practice swing and had to tee off in front of everyone. Ended up just in the left rough, whew.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB

I've played in a few City Am tourneys and now the THP Budget Championship. More people on the tee watching the THP Budget Championship (and filmed). I was much more nervous at the #1 tee for the THP Budget Championship.

THP tee pressure is no joke especially if you are in the first group to hit. Nothing worse than the topped shot that goes all of 30 yards.

THP tee pressure is no joke especially if you are in the first group to hit. Nothing worse than the topped shot that goes all of 30 yards.

Yep, they were gracious enough to let me tee off first. Luckily I didn’t embarrass myself anymore than I usually do with my swing. Whose idea was it to have the 22hc lead things off? ?

Just watched again and I think she hits the exact same woman........very Larry Davidish.

Not sure why the crowd continues to stand in the same place after the first shot... tell her to stop... how about get the hell out of the way in the first place

Agree with Nate, I watched the video a couple times and I’m certain it’s the same woman

Haha the cry for her to stop was entertaining.

I'm confused as to why she would tee the ball up again instead of going to play for her first shot though.

Last edited:

I was 2/2... in topped tee shots off the first tee in 2018, haha. Major blow to the ego, haha.

THP Events...:D

I would never stand in front of someone teeing it up at THP event :eek:

Especially that @Molten guy :giggle:

Also, after she hit into them the first time, I’m surprised they stood there still ?

I was 2/2... in topped tee shots off the first tee in 2018, haha. Major blow to the ego, haha.
I am right there with you o_O.

Oh wow, why did she tee up a 2nd ball?!?

I would never stand in front of someone teeing it up at THP event :eek:

Especially that @Molten guy :giggle:

Also, after she hit into them the first time, I’m surprised they stood there still ?
Heyyyy now. When the heck did I do that?! I may have been a little drunk if that was me - just saying.

I know it is a different type of pressure, but I have no problems teeing off in front of crowds, or playing shots with a lot of people watching
At our UK gathering this year, the 1st tee and 18th green were right in front of the hotel bar and there were plenty of people on the terrace watching

Having competed as a gymnast at national level (and won) performing in front of crowds of thousands when I was younger, you learn to deal with that kind of pressure

Back