Amazing Apparel Benefit?

Reframmellator

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, unobtanium is expensive, so the price is not necessarily a surprise. Plus, the price is probably based on perceived value, not cost. (Some of us would pay almost any price for five more straight yards.) What is surprising to me is that this hypothetical device addresses three very different body systems - muscles/skeleton, circulatory, and breathing. FDA approvals for this sort of thing are difficult to get. For example, I just read today how the FDA has gone after a doctor (who sells supplements) for posting the published observations that a majority of COVID patients have a Vitamin D deficiency. So if this device were to have FDA approval for those claims, that approval would carry enormous credibility.

Just curious, how hypothetical is this on a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 is a brainstorm and 10 is a working prototype?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
neck and back pain gone?
Where do I sign?
that's exactly where I am. I'm tired of using a heating pat, massager, and pumping pills almost daily. So my interest level, yeah it's there.

Parrot

The lower the latitude, the better the attirude.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hell, yeah, I'd give it a go.

Jaymo37

Against All Odds!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would definitely be in on such a product!!!

ToddJ027b

Morgan Cup, Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would be in IF the claims to resolve neck and back pain were real. If it was just a claim, or only helped a little, to get you to pay that price, probably not.

Scooby45

2021 Morgan Cup - Team Paradise
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Price may be a challenge. Under $100 I'd be in.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's say there was a shirt or pants that were almost a secret in the world of sports, but was something that aligned your body to give you better posture. On top of that, helped reduce neck, back and shoulder pain, improve circulation and could even help for those that struggle with breathing like asthma.

What if that shirt or pants costs $150 though? Yet it was FDA registered, not made up data or anything.

Could you get behind it? Genuinely curious.
You had my at asthma. Yes, if it was FDA registered, I would buy it and try it. I've always wondered what it must be like to be able to get a full, deep breath of air in my lungs. If it helps with that alone, I'm in.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be in IF the claims to resolve neck and back were real. If it was just a claim, or only helped a little, to get you to pay that price, probably not.
I dont know how one would quantify that without trial as everybody experiences discomfort differently.
Maybe reviews? Genuinely not sure.

Parrot

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

chefkritter

I’m a Dr. of all things unimportant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's say there was a shirt or pants that were almost a secret in the world of sports, but was something that aligned your body to give you better posture. On top of that, helped reduce neck, back and shoulder pain, improve circulation and could even help for those that struggle with breathing like asthma.

What if that shirt or pants costs $150 though? Yet it was FDA registered, not made up data or anything.

ToddJ027b

Morgan Cup, Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I dont know how one would quantify that without trial as everybody experiences discomfort differently.
I agree. There would have to be some sort of trusted reviews. I would imagine a lot may be willing try it the first time, and if the relief wasn't real, then the bad reviews, and eventually the claims and business crash.

Parrot

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is surprising to me is that this hypothetical device addresses three very different body systems - muscles/skeleton, circulatory, and breathing.
2 of those 3 I can believe without any great leaps.

Ludin

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

As someone who would benefit from this price is not an issue. I find I am more then willing to spend on my health as I age. Talking like an old man that I am not yet. Lol

Reframmellator

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm no expert on a lot of things, but I do read a fair amount, which is why IMO FDA approval is so important for these claims. Medical device makers cannot make claims for uses that have not been approved by the FDA. There are ways around those restrictions, to be sure (like Vitamin C and the common cold.) I believe these things have to go through large, designed, extensive trials and yield measurable benefits to get approval.

tahoebum

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

I could easily get behind a product like that. I've been a big fan of the tights and shirts from Opedix for many years, and I'm sure there are other brands out there like them. They really do increase my performance/reduce fatigue and help me recover after skiing or cycling.

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.57.15 PM.png

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Kind of crazy to think a shirt can improve posture without being stiff or bulky

tequila4kapp

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
If it truly provided a benefit that I needed, yes.

Kmench

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

greekelite

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If it wasn't something bulky and say could be worn as an undershirt, under my polo/button up, hell yeah I would!

My chiro gave me a posture brace a while back and its such a hassle to put on, so it just sits in the closet

Raiderboost

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
At this point I don't think I would. That price is a little steep for my tastes. That being said, if I had issues that this would dramatically improve then I would consider a 1 or 2. Hopefully they would be on budget golf to take advantage of the THP discount!;)

Tywithay

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Read about it earlier. I'd like to try one, but I don't think I'd fork over $150.

Covered by HSA?

Scorpion12

B + <-- Be Positive. UP! Not down. Nice not mean.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'd be in for one. Size medium. For my wife. She's got back issues and if this would help her have a more normal life and ease some of her pain sure!

Afizzle2100

2021 Granddaddy Patricipant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

I would absolutely look into it if it promoted good breathing and posture. My back is becoming weaker and weaker and I have a family history of bad backs.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.9
If it looked decent, was comfortable to wear and actually worked, I'd buy it. But I'm a skeptic, so it would take a little convincing.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in