Amazing Apparel Benefit?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say there was a shirt or pants that were almost a secret in the world of sports, but was something that aligned your body to give you better posture. On top of that, helped reduce neck, back and shoulder pain, improve circulation and could even help for those that struggle with breathing like asthma.

What if that shirt or pants costs $150 though? Yet it was FDA registered, not made up data or anything.

Could you get behind it? Genuinely curious.

• Admin
Depends on if it looked like a normal shirt. If it was some kind of compression under garment thing I am not sure I could stand wearing that all day.

As someone with poor posture and constant neck and back issues, I'd have to give it a serious look. Price would be a hurdle, but I won't lie, I'd be interested.

Golfers are always looking for an edge. I wear the Tom Brady UA recovery pj's after workouts or range sessions. Little warmer but I think they work. Same for a Posture aligning golf shirt. I'd try it!

Yes. I would totally get behind it. I am open for anything that helps me feel and play better.

• Admin
Depends on if it looked like a normal shirt. If it was some kind of compression under garment thing I am not sure I could stand wearing that all day.

I would think if it was just compression, UA would be FDA registered as a posture benefit, right? I could be wrong.

I would 100% be in. The older I get, the more I appreciate quality and benefit over quantity. So I would try it at least once.

I would think if it was just compression, UA would be FDA registered as a posture benefit, right? I could be wrong.

I was thinking of something more than just a compression shirt. But that is all that I could think of as an example. If it was a normal shirt that is even better.

Just thinking practically, what kind of garment could in theory provide the listed benefit? The only thing that came to my mind was something with built in compression of some sort.

Reactions: JB
I'd assume that like the assorted braces I received from my orthopedist it would be covered by insurance for those who have it, or price significantly reduced (depending on one's policy) or one could use the funds set aside (voluntarily) by their respective employers (I forget what it's called) that's designed to cover payments for things not covered elsewhere - deductibles, meds, etc.

If the benefits were as described - the real deal would likely be mostly by 'prescription' with mid price knock offs (for lack of a better word) from the apparel industry followed by mass wave of goods via Amazon and ebay.

I want it now!

Let's say there was a shirt or pants that were almost a secret in the world of sports, but was something that aligned your body to give you better posture. On top of that, helped reduce neck, back and shoulder pain, improve circulation and could even help for those that struggle with breathing like asthma.

What if that shirt or pants costs $150 though? Yet it was FDA registered, not made up data or anything.

Yes, definitely.

YES YES YES....let me know if you need my address for a sample ;)

As long as it looked relatively normal and didn't create a bulgy or frumpy look (technical terms) I would take a serious look. My posture is terrible and I have back problems so I would have to look at it pretty strong. That price would hurt but if it actually helped it could be worth it.

I would probably give it a shot.

If it eliminated my back issues/pain I would consider it.

I would definitely be interested. Would I buy? That would depend on the details.

Sounds a lot like Alignmed & their undershirts. Came across their site awhile back looking for good insoles.

I’m gonna buy one for S+Gs.

You can use your FSA to buy one...

I'll take 2 please.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I might try it if I were suffering from those symptoms. It’s an interesting concept. Just would depend on execution. Is it a straight jacket with no style? Etc.

Back